Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time since we have taken more than a day or so off. June 30 - July 5 will be in Creede, Colorado going to spend July 4 in town for the celebration of the birth of our GREAT country. The other days riding the trails. Ideas, suggestions, never been in that area before. Prob want to ride from there to Silverton at least one day. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Been a long time since we have taken more than a day or so off. June 30 - July 5 will be in Creede, Colorado going to spend July 4 in town for the celebration of the birth of our GREAT country. The other days riding the trails. Ideas, suggestions, never been in that area before. Prob want to ride from there to Silverton at least one day. Thanks for any input
Creede is a great place to visit. In fact the Silverthread Scenic byway from South fork to Gunnison is one of my favorite places to visit. We've been there before and here's a few places that are worth a look.

1. (Bachelor Loop) Just directly north of town is a scenic drive called the Bachelor Loop. It has ton of great old mine buildings and good views. Its worth your time to check it out. We drove to the last chance mine and let our kids dig around for various gem stones like amethyst and turquoise. The kids loved it.

2. (Bristol Head/North Clear Creek Falls) You can also drive northwest from Creede on hwy 149 (like your driving to Lake City) to North Clear Creek Falls. The falls are beautiful to see plus you can ride from there to Bristol Head and Crystal Lake. Their is a parking lot across the road from the falls that you can unload your quad or side by side. The day we drove up Bristol Head we saw a good sized herd of elk and tons of pretty wild flowers.

3.(Stony Pass/Kite Lake/Rio Grande Reservoir) You can again drive northwest of Creede on hwy 149 to Forest road/county road 520. Go a few miles up 520 and there is a few small parking areas near Road Canyon Reservoir. Once unloaded head west on FR 520 and it will take you by the Rio Grande Reservoir (the head waters of the Rio Grande) and if you continue farther west it will take you as far as Silverton going over Stony Pass.

That gives you a good idea of a few places to ride. Send me a PM if you have any questions, because theirs good riding near South Fork, or you can drive all the way to Lake City and ride over Engineer or Cinnamon Pass. Good Luck and have fun!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback.

We do plan on the Silverton over the pass ride for sure. Do know will have to trailer a short distance for that but really want to ATV it as much as possible.

Will print your info and carry it with us for sure.

Thanks
BuddyM

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Eat at the Handlebar restaurant in Silverton, bring appetite, huge portions, or split a meal with other family. I love that area, If I won the powerball, that is where I would be all summer.

No way to buy gas on a ATV in Silverton, my info is dated by two years, carry extra.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts