Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone tried the Vee Rubber Adavantage tires? I’ve been thinking of getting the bighorns but I came across these Vee Rubber tires online recent.

http://veerubber.co.th/2016/?p=1064&v=3e8d115eb4b3

The reviews online says they are a harder Rubber that should last longer but I’m wondering if they will be too stiff as a 26” on a 14” rim and if they will perform in -30C if they are hard Rubber. I push a lot of snow with my quad in the winter and ride gravel pits in the summer.

If anyone has experience with these let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I would strongly advise again a hard rubber tires on 14" wheels. it will ride very rough.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right. I can’t have it all - long lasting tires and a smooth ride. Lots a good things said about the bighorns. I’ll have to go with those....

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
Your right. I can’t have it all - long lasting tires and a smooth ride. Lots a good things said about the bighorns. I’ll have to go with those....
If you go with the B.H.'s, I recommend getting the O.G.'s. I have 7000 miles on a set I bought 100 miles used, and they ride nice. I learned due to using stock wheels with the 12" rear and 10" front wide tires that more air stopped the sidewall flex at high speeds.
I think the only problem people have with these tires is the higher price, not the performance.
Tough? I have bent wheel lips from hitting rocks going fast and didn't noticed the bent spot until after getting home.
Timex may have designed them :smile2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rideway! I mostly ride gravel pit and other wise push snow in winter. The bighorns sounds like a great fit. I’ll post some pictures of the conditions.

·
Premium Member
9,069 Posts
Others have seen these videos before, but you can see the O.G.'s in different conditions I ride.
This one gets going at the 4 minute mark,

and this is a run up 2000ft. in the mountains around here,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just skimmed through the videos tonight. I’ll watch them closer tomorrow. Those are some incredible trails. Looks like great riding. Thanks for sending them through!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts