Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big thanks to Peter and MotoAlliance for offering a great product at an affordable price to those of use looking to add a winch to our Grizz. I recently ordered the Viper Max 3500 with the Amsteel-Blue cable. This is one solid piece of winching machinery. The install was...not exactly a bolt on application due to the fact that I also just installed the Yamaha HD Bumper on the Grizz. It has been mentioned in other threads, however, it's like the mud or hill climb, you just don't know until you do it. Electrical, A+, went very smooth but that's where the mud started flying. As DJ mentioned in his post, get out the grinder and have at the tab on your new bumper, the size of the Viper Max 3500 will not allow you to properly mount the winch plate without a bit of grinding..hammer helps to, the bigger the hammer the better the help. Also ended up burring out the front mount holes on the mount plate, 1/8" to get the bolt in...add a bit of flat black rattle can and it's all good.
The 3500 Max may be overkill and I can be blamed for that decision. The Yamaha HD bumper is, well my fault also. The installation is done, winch works geat and as it's been said before, I soon will forget the pain of installation when I'm using the winch:icon_ laughup:. For anyone considering a winch to mount to the Yamaha HD bumper, go with the Viper in another size, the 3500 Elite would have worked without mods, the Viper Max 3000 would have worked without mods and the Classic should work fine also. Also note, this is more a problem of the combination of the HD bumper and the Viper Max 3500. I do believe the 3500 would work fine with the stock bumper and possibly other aftermarket bumpers, (others can confirm). Overall, I'm very pleased with the winch and bumper combination and also thankful it was 55 degrees on Sunday:peace:.
All is well and Thanks again Peter. If it ever fails me, I'll be negotiating a VM3000 as a replacement, been there done that:icon_ goofy:.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a few shots, posted in my album if the link doesn't take. Have a great Fat Tuesday, show me the ......beads:icon_ goofy: or tatas:peace:.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daggone link didn't work, check out my albums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts