Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the weird stuff always happen to me? I was bored Saturday so why not pull the winch apart for cleaning and regreasing? The drum had mud packed in it of course but to my surprise the gearbox was clean and dry. I cleaned out the old grease and replaced it with fresh grease and thought now would be a good time to see if the motor was also living up to the waterproof claims. I removed the end cap and brushes. When I went to pull out the armature the magnets came out with it. I know it is working but for how long and does this affect the performance of the winch in any way?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello j_fuelfiveo,

Great to hear that you were being proactive in maintaining your winch! The loose magnets will create a problem at some point if they have not already done so. There are several reasons as to why magnets can break free from the motor casing, the top three being excessive heat, vibration, and steep angle pulls. Please consider giving our customer service line a call so that we can figure out how to best get your motor housing replaced. Our number is: 866-527-7637.

Best Regards,
Scott
MotoAlliance Engineering

1 - 2 of 2 Posts