1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,
I have 2022 Grizzly 700 SE.
Just installed the warn front mount. First I bought it used, 2 years old. Is there supposed to be a back plate for the mount behind the winch? 2 holes in my bracket and nowhere to put booths through. Ended up just using the 4 bottoms.
Secondly, first time lifting the plow the pulley mount broke. The part welded to the push tube assembly. I ended up drilling a hole and using a shackle and new 3 inch pulley instead. I run my cable through that onto a axle strap that passes through my front rack.
Any advice on the mount bracket or my setup would be appreciated. Haven't plowed yet but lifts nicely the way it is.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Bumper

·
Registered
2009 Grizzly 550 EPS
221 Posts
I think you may find the pulley itself doesn't last long, we started with the one you have and found the sheave itself was made from cheap metal, the sides would break off and then the cable gets stuck. We upgraded, (overkill) but that's all we could find. The larger diameter the pulley is, the easier it is on the cable. https://www.princessauto.com/en/4000-lb-1-3-4-in-pulley-block/product/PA0008796591

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you may find the pulley itself doesn't last long, we started with the one you have and found the sheave itself was made from cheap metal, the sides would break off and then the cable gets stuck. We upgraded, (overkill) but that's all we could find. The larger diameter the pulley is, the easier it is on the cable. https://www.princessauto.com/en/4000-lb-1-3-4-in-pulley-block/product/PA0008796591
Do you find the pulley wheel too small on that one? I looked at it as well.

·
Registered
2009 Grizzly 550 EPS
221 Posts
Ya, it's even small, I would go for something about 2 1/2 to 3 inches if you can find one. Unless you're set on using the winch, we went with electric actuators at work. They can be wired in using the 2 wires that go to your winch, just switch them over and use your winch switch to make it go up and down. Nice thing they have limiter switches so you can't over extend or retract them. https://www.princessauto.com/en/12v-dc-135-lb-linear-actuators/product/PA1000001114?skuId=8489098

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly
486 Posts
That is pretty close to the plow raising system I have used for 25 years, the inner ring of the pulley does get a little buggered by the cable (this reminded me to replace before winter). I extended my plow with longer push bars and welded wings so rather heavy; due to downward weight use a piece of rebar clamped to front of rack to prevent bowing.

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is pretty close to the plow raising system I have used for 25 years, the inner ring of the pulley does get a little buggered by the cable (this reminded me to replace before winter). I extended my plow with longer push bars and welded wings so rather heavy; due to downward weight use a piece of rebar clamped to front of rack to prevent bowing.
Glad to hear it, always builds confidence when someone else has tried it hahaha thank you

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone has installed I saw in one bracket picture that there were two triangular pieces with the mounting bracket What do they do and are they necessary if I don't have them. I installed already and everything seems okay mounting wise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts