Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Everyone, so i am new here, Just bought my 2022 Grizzly, EPS SE , should be picking it up in a few weeks..
I am ordering stuff ahead of time, and would like some opinions.
I am pretty much sold on the Warn Provantage plow
Looking at the 60" Provantage Plow,
The warn 84600 Plow Lift
the Warn AXON 35S, just for a winch, nothing for plowing since im getting the Plow lift option
I am just up in the air on the Center mount, or Front mount..
i see benefits to both, but not sure what is a better option
i would be plowing my driveway and maybe a couple friends, nothing commerical,
Any advise would be much appreciated..
I am new here too. I recently bought a used 2018 Grizzly 700 EPS that had a Warn front mount 54" blade with winch. While getting it ready, the first time I raised the blade, the winch got tangled. Does it make sense to shorten the winch rope to eliminate that problem. Also, is the "power lift option" different from the winch lift?

·
Registered
2009 Grizzly 550 EPS
10 Posts
A Warn Power Lift is an electric ram that does a much better job than winches. No tangled cable or rope, they have an auto limiter switch at each end to prevent stressing the system, takes less power than the winch. Super easy to install and remove after the season is over.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Everyone, so i am new here, Just bought my 2022 Grizzly, EPS SE , should be picking it up in a few weeks..
I am ordering stuff ahead of time, and would like some opinions.
I am pretty much sold on the Warn Provantage plow
Looking at the 60" Provantage Plow,
The warn 84600 Plow Lift
the Warn AXON 35S, just for a winch, nothing for plowing since im getting the Plow lift option
I am just up in the air on the Center mount, or Front mount..
i see benefits to both, but not sure what is a better option
i would be plowing my driveway and maybe a couple friends, nothing commerical,
Any advise would be much appreciated..
Did you confirm that the Axon 35s would fit? . I was told it was to big to fit the grizzly I ended up ordering warn VXR 35s.

·
Registered
Grizzly XTR '22 Wolverine X2 '19
10 Posts
After the Warn front mount install - can you put back on the stock front skid?

If not - what aftermarket skid plate do y’all recommend?

Guessing most get the front brush guard as well after the plow mount install.. really hoping the OEM front skid can still provide that needed protection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After the Warn front mount install - can you put back on the stock front skid?

If not - what aftermarket skid plate do y’all recommend?

Guessing most get the front brush guard as well after the plow mount install.. really hoping the OEM front skid can still provide that needed protection.

Don't mean to quote myself - but it's technically the bash plate. Will the bash plate go over the entire Warn front mount after install or do I need to look aftermarket... or maybe drill some holes?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Don't mean to quote myself - but it's technically the bash plate. Will the bash plate go over the entire Warn front mount after install or do I need to look aftermarket... or maybe drill some holes?
The warn front mount mounts up by the frame and winch plate . look at link and then install manual it will give the Details
keep in mind this mount will not work with the Yamaha factor winch install. if you have that you need the warn winch mount plate 95740
If you want a better plow look up eagle plows. Made in teh USA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any one got a picture of the warn front mount on a grizzly?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

I bought the Grizzly with blade used recently so I haven't plowed any snow yet. Also, I mounted the blade with no instructions. I am pretty sure that the previous owner looped the rope through the pulley and then simply attached the hook to the plow frame, which is where I am storing my hook as shown in this picture. I decided to take the hook off and route it from the winch to the pulley, then up to the front bumper. I think this will slow the blade down and reduce strain on the winch. I'd like to add another pulley to the bumber (where the rope is currently terminated), and the terminate the rope at the plow to slow. I think that would result in even slower movement and even less strain.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I been looking at the instructions to mount it. It appears the only attachment is where it bolts to the warn winch plate. is that correct? Does the factory front skid plat need any modification? Can you do me a favored and measure the distance between the inside of the fins where the blade mounts to the frame. I trying to figure out if my current eagle plow would mount on the pro vantage farm mine is 20 1/8" I like the way the warn is up out of the way with the plow off.

·
Registered
120 Posts
View attachment 101680
I bought the Grizzly with blade used recently so I haven't plowed any snow yet. Also, I mounted the blade with no instructions. I am pretty sure that the previous owner looped the rope through the pulley and then simply attached the hook to the plow frame, which is where I am storing my hook as shown in this picture. I decided to take the hook off and route it from the winch to the pulley, then up to the front bumper. I think this will slow the blade down and reduce strain on the winch. I'd like to add another pulley to the bumber (where the rope is currently terminated), and the terminate the rope at the plow to slow. I think that would result in even slower movement and even less strain.
Thanks thats helpful, just decideing on what plow to go with. I like the way this mounts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are two points I'd make. One - to mount the plow, you have to line up the holes of the blade with those of the mount kit on each side and insert a pin and then find the hole on the inside to insert a cotter pin to keep it in place. They could've made that a lot easier, but unless something silly happens, I will be doing that in my garage. Second, the skid pads have holes and clevis pins, which means that if you want to adjust the skid plates, you pull the pin and raise or lower the skid pads about 1/2" increments. If you want to move them 1/4", you are out of luck. They could have simply welded a bracket onto the bottom - backside of the blade with a 1/2" hole in it, then used skid plates with 1/2" studs and nuts to allow precise adjustment. It'd been a better design and would have cost less. I am going to see how it goes, but I may take mine to have brackets welded on the blade, and either buy new skid pads with 1/2" studs, or change my skid pads to 1/2" studs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are two points I'd make. One - to mount the plow, you have to line up the holes of the blade with those of the mount kit on each side and insert a pin and then find the hole on the inside to insert a cotter pin to keep it in place. They could've made that a lot easier, but unless something silly happens, I will be doing that in my garage. Second, the skid pads have holes and clevis pins, which means that if you want to adjust the skid plates, you pull the pin and raise or lower the skid pads about 1/2" increments. If you want to move them 1/4", you are out of luck. They could have simply welded a bracket onto the bottom - backside of the blade with a 1/2" hole in it, then used skid plates with 1/2" studs and nuts to allow precise adjustment. It'd been a better design and would have cost less. I am going to see how it goes, but I may take mine to have brackets welded on the blade, and either buy new skid pads with 1/2" studs, or change my skid pads to 1/2" studs.
Thanks for pointing this out. I have a eagle plow on my 550 grizzle and i deciding weather to move it to new machine. If I transfer it the The skid plate has to be removed. I liked the fact on warn it does not. After looking close at the skid pads they look like a weak spot as you pointed out. I been reading Reviews on the warn plows and it either they love them or they they had problems. I also noticed the warn replacement skid pads are about 3 times the cost of the 1/2 stud kind. Eagle makes a bolt on stud mount i not sure if it work on the warn Eagle Plow Skid Bracket

The eagle plows are nice, but they just had a huge price increase. making the warn much cheaper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wood Beige Floor Road surface Flooring

I don't think the bracket on the Warn blade is wide enough (it's about 1.25" wide and about and about 2" tall) to allow bolting the Eagle bracket that was on the site you sent to me. You could probably weld it on though. After looking at it closely, I think I am going to look for some skid pads that have a 1/2" X 5" stud. I am pretty sure that I could put a heavy washer on top and bottom of the Warn bracket, and use the stud and nuts to adjust. It looks to me like that'd work.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Automotive tire Cylinder Plumbing Gas Machine
Automotive tire Cylinder Plumbing Gas Machine
Headgear Art Font Dishware Serveware
Product Textile Headgear Line Red
Textile Art Font Rectangle Creative arts

I think the eagle blade skids might fit right in the holes . here is some measurements. duty and you adjust by moving rubber spacers around to get what you want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone disagree with this Warn setup for occasional use?? I also attached a rubber stopper with a Warn Bump Stop to the line - should I get a synthetic rope? And, plan to add a UHMW poly blade to the 54" Warn plow right away.

Occasional Use - Sidewalks & Driveways for several nor'easters/clippers per winter as well some mulch maneuvering every spring & fall.

95745 - Plow Mount
92100 - Push Tube Kit (front mount)
78954 - 54" Plow Blade (straight)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Anyone disagree with this Warn setup for occasional use?? I also attached a rubber stopper with a Warn Bump Stop to the line - should I get a synthetic rope? And, plan to add a UHMW poly blade to the 54" Warn plow right away.

Occasional Use - Sidewalks & Driveways for several nor'easters/clippers per winter as well some mulch maneuvering every spring & fall.

95745 - Plow Mount
92100 - Push Tube Kit (front mount)
78954 - 54" Plow Blade (straight)
I would think about the 60" plow for the grizzly. when you angle you get about 6" less. for plowing i like you use the cheaper ropes. are they as good as a 100 rope probably not.If i break one i just tie it in a nott and keep plowing
what ever you use to plow will probably break soon or later .If i using a winch that came with good rope new i like to add a 6 foot piece of the cheap stuff to it . most all the abuse is in in the first 3 feet.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts