Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a small oil leak coming from the water pump weep tube. I want to take the water pump off to inspect the seal. I will be draining the coolant but I'm wondering; Is it possible to lean the bike to one side so I can take the water pump off without draining the oil? I don't want to drain the oil because it only has about 4 miles of use.

From my point of view, I don't see any reason reason why it can't be done. Only thing would be to make sure it's secured and won't topple over.

Anyone see a problem in doing it this way?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I have a small oil leak coming from the water pump weep tube. I want to take the water pump off to inspect the seal. I will be draining the coolant but I'm wondering; Is it possible to lean the bike to one side so I can take the water pump off without draining the oil? I don't want to drain the oil because it only has about 4 miles of use.

From my point of view, I don't see any reason reason why it can't be done. Only thing would be to make sure it's secured and won't topple over.

Anyone see a problem in doing it this way?
It's certainly worth a try. I changed my wet clutch housing gasket a year ago without dumping the oil. Just jacked and secured the bike at about 45 degree angle to the non clutch side.

Reactions: Scorpyon

·
Registered
797 Posts
It will work fine that way, do it all the time

Reactions: Scorpyon
1 - 4 of 4 Posts