Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys using for a dressing on the underside of your grizzly? I usually use wd40. I always use sc1 on the top side but at $20 a can where I'm at I find it expensive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What are you guys using for a dressing on the underside of your grizzly? I usually use wd40. I always use sc1 on the top side but at $20 a can where I'm at I find it expensive.
PB blaster silicone spray works well, I bought the Amsoil, but it seems too expensive for just keeping clay and mud from sticking. I'm sure a cheapo brand would work ok. I stopped using it all together though. The mud I don't want to stick, sticks to anything.

·
Premium Member
12,737 Posts
Try spaying furniture oil/polish on it. I did this years ago when this subject came up and this idea was posted, the Griz smelled like lemons :)

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
Polaris's manual actually recommends using furniture polish on their atvs.
Yeah but that's because of Polaris is only a piece of furniture that sits in your driveway broken down so you're better off to just polish it up like a table and make it at least a little bit useful

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,737 Posts
Polaris's manual actually recommends using furniture polish on their atvs.
You might be the first individual to read the quality/care section of a popo manual.

·
Registered
2009 Grizzly 550 EPS
133 Posts
WD40 washes off far too easily, Corrosion Free available at Peavy Mart (used to be TSC) had it in sparay cans and bigger jugs, it works like Frank's Hot sauce on food.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can use Mud Off for race cars, it's not expensive and you mix it as you need it in a yard sprayer, bug sprayer whatever you want to call it, you can mix 2 gallons or a quart at a time. Works good on my dirt car. Summit or Jegs should carry it.

·
Premium Member
5,871 Posts
Wow, and I flinched at 12 dollars a can here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts