Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 Grizzly 660 has deveolped play in the rear left hub. It isnt up and down play. It is side to side play, as if the collars are too large. I have the nuts marked and torqued to 32 Ft. Lbs, so I know they never came loose.it is only on the left side and has no up/down play. The wheel bearing and a-arm to frame bushings are all tight. What is wrong?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
The bushings in the rear hub. They're pressed into the knuckle. I've done a few sets, pretty easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,910 Posts
Knuckle bushing are bad. All you need new are the bushings and sleeves, shouldn't need new bolts or shields. Use lithium grease when assembling.

Reactions: jvictory1974

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well then these are going to be the first bushings ever in 16 years. I always grease them with grease upon assembly and through the zerk.How do you guys kill them in 1 year lol? Im also all on original wheel bearings whats with you guys and big puddles?

·
Premium Member
7,910 Posts
I ride 6-7000 mile each year...Not afraid of water and some mud.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, i was wondering what you guys change, can i just get away with the bushings. @$4/piece if i get 4 of them thats still half the price of any aftermarket ones, and ive heard of some aftermarket ones having play in them even when new, and mine doesnt have muchplay currently so it might be better than some new chinese ones. Or does everything need to be replaced?

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
You will need it all. Bushings, seals and the collar. It all wears together.
You can replace just the bushings if you like. But you'll be doing them again within a short time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You will need it all. Bushings, seals and the collar. It a wears together.
You can replace just the bushings if you like. But you'll be doing them again within a short time.
Any suggestions on brands/oem?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Any suggestions on brands/oem?

I would go with OEM or if EPI makes them then go with those. I would choose EPI all day. Mostly because I am a reputation guy. EPI is a famous dealer for parts of good quality. I am not speaking from experience just what I have heard.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would go with OEM or if EPI makes them then go with those. I would choose EPI all day. Mostly because I am a reputation guy. EPI is a famous dealer for parts of good quality. I am not speaking from experience just what I have heard.

What about quadboss? Its currently the cheapest, that why im asking. We recently bought a-arm bearings for our trx700xx from quadboss and they seem good quality.

·
Registered
800 Posts
What about quadboss? Its currently the cheapest, that why im asking. We recently bought a-arm bearings for our trx700xx from quadboss and they seem good quality.

You'll have to excuse me for asking a stupid question, but what is a trx700xx? I don't know about QB bushings. I love their rack extensions though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You'll have to excuse me for asking a stupid question, but what is a trx700xx? I don't know about QB bushings. I love their rack extensions though.

Its a sport quad made by honda in 08 to 09. Its unique because it has IRS in the back (unique for a sport atv). It was never popular so they stopped production. Its kinda heavy for a sport quad, but its still fast, it has a more power than a raptor 700 (almost same motor in the grizzly 700). The a-arm has actual spherical bearings, not bushings (much better). Anyone else own one?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Reviving an older thread.

My knuckle bushings are shot, was curious if those of you who have replaced their bushings were sticking to OEM rubber bushings or if anyone was going with the poly bushings. I got 3300 miles out of mine with a 2" lift and 30's which isn't bad at all. Thanks in advance for the advice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts