Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 grizzly 700, I have never had an issue until yesterday. I was riding down the road around 50kph and all of a sudden the gauge started flickering and the engine cut out.it did this a few times for about 1 second each time, It was almost like the power going out in your house for a second then coming right back on. After it did it a few times everything seemed fine and I made it home. I checked all the electrical connections while it was running and everything seemed fine 🤷🏻‍♂️
Anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,112 Posts
I'd charge and then load test your battery to confirm it doesn't need to be replaced first.

There is an issue where the engine will cut out and the R will flash at the same time but the entire POD will not flash. Maybe possible that weak battery and the R flashing causing your issue (???). R flashing while power cuts out is where the Neutral Switch Assy (3GB-82540-01-00) has fouled and should be replaced.

That is what I'd be looking at but your description doesn't quite fit the common issue seen by a fouled Neutral Switch Assy. Close enough though to look deeper at what is going on.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Almost sounds like you have cell/plate starting to short out in your battery. Sometimes happens randomly due to vibration then eventually the battery just dies

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Also, check the battery cable connections at both ends of each cable. A loose cable will cause a low voltage situation and the dash will not light up properly. Two of my local buddys on 550's have had this happen and both times tightening the ground cable was the solution.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,112 Posts
Also, check the battery cable connections at both ends of each cable. A loose cable will cause a low voltage situation and the dash will not light up properly. Two of my local buddys on 550's have had this happen and both times tightening the ground cable was the solution.
YES! Good point on that. One of the members on here, will remain nameless for now unless I need to publicly shame him :whistle:, had this recently happen because of a wiring mess in the electrical tub from a lot of extra winch and lighting wiring. Because of the extra wiring and the weight of it, it was shifting around in the electrical tub and loosened the ground connection to the battery. The POD was intermittent along with the ability to start. Tightened that battery ground terminal, no further problems but it did delay us about 1 hour from riding for the day. So, if he doesn't clean up that wiring mess, I threatened to publicly shame him on here as I got a great picture of the wiring mess :p :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts