Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alba racing has put a new high standard on HP from a sport system. ... let's see a turbo kit and belt drive cvt lay down these numbers from a mild build

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
OMG.....thats is awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
I for one love those YXZs. They're already a force to be reckoned with on the track with minimal mods.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Personally I could care less.
Unless you live in the Sahara desert, Yam has again missed the boat on what the majority of the population is buying in a SxS. I could drive a truck anywhere that thing fits! Yam has all but lost the SxS market share where 50" A/C Trails & Poo-Poo Trail models are selling like hotcakes!
As a loyal Yam fan for yrs it almost brings a tear to my eye's but hey you can't buy from a company that has no product.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well well, I had no idea trail machines out sold full size buggies... I tell yeah what, you get your truck and fallow me through the Bush.
Full width side by sides out sell trail models by 6-1 so I don't think yamaha missed the mark at all here. I am not saying they shouldn't have a trail machine but what ever stats you basing you opinion off of are more personal thoughts then actual fact. This isn't a post to debate of yamaha is up to date or not it is a video showing that yamaha answered their customers and complainers. Everyone preached for ages saying yamaha needed to step up ... stepping up to a machine that can produce 400hp is not only stepping up but smacking that ball into the next field ... no other machine can lay down those numbers yet. But I forgot ... you could care less ...

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
A think it must be a local thing, I dont really know anyone worried about 50" .

By the time you build a truck that can do what the yxz can, you could buy at least 5 yxz's, and go ride that day. They weren't meant to be a trail machine. A home run for many.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I don't understand why people will get personal when arguing a point. I don't know the stats on sales but I see many more RZR's on the trails than any other SxS.
Don't get me wrong, I changed from a Polaris 550 to my Grizzly because the performance in mud and snow (or lack of).
I would like to see Yamaha produce a 50 inch side by side. I will still stay with my Grizzly but I think Yamaha would blow away Polaris.

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
A think it must be a local thing, I dont really know anyone worried about 50".
It is a local thing and there are a LOT of 50 inch gates on B.L.M. and National Forest ground throughout western Colorado.
The ones I know of are in areas with trails along ledges where a wider machine will not fit. Then having two machines head on, without being able to turn one around is tough.
There is still a lot of area to ride outside these gates in western Colorado, so there are a lot of wide machines sold.
For your thought about being worried about one of these gates, that can be a big problem.
The worst problem for finding one of these for the first time is running out of gas.
I know of a couple gates that are well out on the trail from the trail head I use. If you use a map and plan a long looping day ride and can't get through, backtracking or going around without running out of gas can become the problem.
Another way these 50" gates cause problems is finding one late in the day. Running out of light while backtracking can be a big problem. I have ran onto others lost because the trail looks different going the other way. I have had a few times I ran to the truck for a gas can to help someone stuck on the trail.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't understand why people will get personal when arguing a point. I don't know the stats on sales but I see many more RZR's on the trails than any other SxS.
Don't get me wrong, I changed from a Polaris 550 to my Grizzly because the performance in mud and snow (or lack of).
I would like to see Yamaha produce a 50 inch side by side. I will still stay with my Grizzly but I think Yamaha would blow away Polaris.
It's called being a fanboy. The YXZ is not selling as well as alot of people thought and besides there's alot more than just HP numbers to figure in.

·
Grand High Inquisitioner
990 Posts
It's always funny to me when someone disses a machine because it's only good for one trail type, or isn't good for all trail types.

It is not possible for one machine to be the best machine for all types of terrain and all user preferences.

There are areas that only have mud bogs to ride in.
There are areas that only have wide open dirt roads.
There are areas that only have sand dunes.
There are areas that only have narrow, twisty mountain trails.
There are areas that only have loose rocky trails.
There are areas that have all of the above.

There are a lot of people who place a higher priority on ground clearance and rock crawling than high end horsepower.
There are a lot of people who place a higher priority on getting the holeshot in a short run.
There are a lot of people who place a higher priority on top speed on a sustained run.
There are a lot of people who place a higher priority on ride comfort.
There are a lot of people who place a higher priority on a sporty suspension and tight steering so you can feel road/trail feedback.

Isn't it just fantastic that there are SO MANY different makes and models of machine out there, so that each of us can evaluate what our local terrain type calls for, and what our priorities are, and pick the right machine for the job?

Wouldn't it completely SUCK if we all had to choose from 2 or 3 different models?

The YXZ1000R is an amazing machine. A triumph for Yamaha. Perfect for the people who want what it is tuned for.
But not the best choice for everyone. Not by a long shot.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great statement.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I understand the need or want for a 50" machine, but not everyone needs it is all I'm saying. For the market the yxz is aimed towards its a big deal, even though it isn't my market right now. There are also a big area the top heavy, skinny 50" machines lack in - stability. A 50" machine wouldn't fit a lot of peoples needs, and even though I'm sure yamaha will have one (I would bet a 50" wolverine) I see why they are a little leary after all the rhino bs.

I hope the personal/fanboy comments weren't aimed at me, I prefer yamaha even though I do honestly believe every manufacturer does at least one thing right. Nothing taken personal over here.

·
Grand High Inquisitioner
990 Posts
My statement wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. More of a claymore mine sort of thing. :)

Reactions: whiskeymike

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts
Hey Whiskey, need v want is the difference for many picking a machine and a great point to make.
Like TRev said, this thread is about a product report from Yamaha.
Personally I could care less what others spend their money on, and even when someone asks for an opinion, I don't care if they listen or not.
I do have a clevis on the back of my grizzly for those that don't ride a grizzly and need help.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
....... Anyways.... I personally think this is flippin awesome!! Do I need it? Heck no have no use for something of that caliber power wise where I ride, but still I think that it's an incredible feat!! Look forward to seeing how this beast holds up!

Reactions: TRev

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
It's called being a fanboy. The YXZ is not selling as well as alot of people thought and besides there's alot more than just HP numbers to figure in.
How do you know the YXZ is not selling good as people predicted or as good as Yamaha predicted? Who is the "people" you mention?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I understand the need or want for a 50" machine, but not everyone needs it is all I'm saying. For the market the yxz is aimed towards its a big deal, even though it isn't my market right now. There are also a big area the top heavy, skinny 50" machines lack in - stability. A 50" machine wouldn't fit a lot of peoples needs, and even though I'm sure yamaha will have one (I would bet a 50" wolverine) I see why they are a little leary after all the rhino bs.

I hope the personal/fanboy comments weren't aimed at me, I prefer yamaha even though I do honestly believe every manufacturer does at least one thing right. Nothing taken personal over here.
My comments weren't directed at you, more at people that need to be on the attack constantly to feel better about what they have.There's plenty of nice machines out there,each for a different crowd. It's just plain silly to me to be constantly singling out PoPo's when it's not a real comparison. There are far more PoPo's out here than everyone else COMBINED.

·
Premium Member
3,217 Posts
who cares great videos i want more

1 - 20 of 24 Posts