Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
It all depends on the area in my area no one run's SxS's I don't know one person or one club member that has one . Everyone is on atv's . I don't want one and I can ride SxS's legal on my roads out my driveway , could take that YXZ to the store .

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If I was rich, I'd get one to play with. Since I'm poor, I'll stick with what I need most and can afford.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
^^^ I'm right there with ya!! Haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's always funny to me when someone disses a machine because it's only good for one trail type, or isn't good for all trail types.

It is not possible for one machine to be the best machine for all types of terrain and all user preferences.

There are areas that only have mud bogs to ride in.
There are areas that only have wide open dirt roads.
There are areas that only have sand dunes.
There are areas that only have narrow, twisty mountain trails.
There are areas that only have loose rocky trails.
There are areas that have all of the above.

There are a lot of people who place a higher priority on ground clearance and rock crawling than high end horsepower.
There are a lot of people who place a higher priority on getting the holeshot in a short run.
There are a lot of people who place a higher priority on top speed on a sustained run.
There are a lot of people who place a higher priority on ride comfort.
There are a lot of people who place a higher priority on a sporty suspension and tight steering so you can feel road/trail feedback.

Isn't it just fantastic that there are SO MANY different makes and models of machine out there, so that each of us can evaluate what our local terrain type calls for, and what our priorities are, and pick the right machine for the job?

Wouldn't it completely SUCK if we all had to choose from 2 or 3 different models?

The YXZ1000R is an amazing machine. A triumph for Yamaha. Perfect for the people who want what it is tuned for.
But not the best choice for everyone. Not by a long shot.

Excellent Points! Different strokes for --
By the way, 50" Razor sxs are too wide for Michigan 50" trail unless you are willing to accept high repair bills. They too are amazing ATV's, nimble and fast on the trails but the roll bars hit on trees in the banked turns, tires hit trees, roots and do deflate and the body work gets busted. Been on a group ride with one and they had to bail out and go on a 72" route.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts