Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, went to my local dealer today with the intention of purchasing a '16 Grizzly SE. Saw the Kodiak there, too (also an SE - darn that color is amazing on both rides). So I figured I'd drive them both back to back and see what I like.

The Grizz first, it was awesome. Snappy throttle but controllable. Drove like a dream, but felt a little "floaty" to me. Would have definitely bought it if I didn't also ride the Kodiak.

Got on the Kodiak and it was everything good about the Grizzly except, for me, better. It just felt like I was "in" the machine more (if that makes any sense). The 2" narrower width should also make navigating through tight trails and into my storage shed easier. It was amazing.

Only thing was that I had a nagging feeling that the Kodiak plays second fiddle to the big brother bear and that I wouldn't be happy with it. I tried, back-to-back to find something I liked about the Grizzly more but I just couldn't do it. The wet brake on the Kodiak felt exactly like the dual disks on the Grizzly. The power delivery of the Kodiak was smoother but I didn't feel like it gave anything up to the Grizzly in terms over overall power - it just came on differently.

The only thing it lacks was the storage in the right fender and under the taillight. Oh, and halogen lights instead of LED. But for something like $1,400 less expensive, how could I go wrong?

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Choices are good.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Welcome to GC, congrats on the Kodiak.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome, congratulations on your new ride. Get your post count up and then you can post pictures so we can all see your new ride

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with either. Congrats.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Congrats. Kodiak is a beast. Only thing my Grizz has over the Kodiak (that I like) would be the push button 4WD/AWD. Again, thats just me. Great machine and enjoy.
Only the base model Kodiak does not have the electronic push button 4wd.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
364 Posts
Welcome from Indiana, gray SE= very nice!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome, congratulations on your new ride. Get your post count up and then you can post pictures so we can all see your new ride
Pics up!! ^^^

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Nice ride!!

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the Kodiak! The ONLY thing that matters is what YOU like!
Everyone thinks what they ride is best or else they're getting something different.
That's why I won't ride anyone elses machine! LOL!!!

You made the right choice and did it the right way. Again, congratulations! :lala:

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
That's nice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice. Did you upgrade the tires? They look meatier
Yes, wheels and tire package from RMATV, tires are pitbull growler 2.5 XOR's.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts