Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your wet clutch blows up does this mean the end for your motor? Would the fragments get into the motor workings? I watched a utube on the install of the c clips on the wet clutch and the video talked about a sharp side and I cannot say with my eyes I could notice a difference. they seemed to snap in good so I need to go in and redo the c clips? I tested it out and all seems to be working.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Your WC should not blow up. It will just wear out. Yes the debris from the wet clutch will go into your oil which comes in contact with moving parts. The oil filter should catch most if it and why frequent oil changes are ideal.

If the clutch actually exploded with the c clips coming loose you would have to split the cases if all parts were not accounted for. If you got the clips on and the dished portion of the spring plate is compressed, there should not be an issue which way you put the clips on. All that matters is that they are on and compressing the plate.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They felt soild when they snapped in. I agree thanks for the info I would hate to splht the case for such a minor reinstall mishap. For what it's worth the machined sheave gold spring and 16 gram weights and brass slugs hook up hard. The cam plate is as close to the cage as you dare to go. The screws are close to the cage a shim would put them touching. It hooks up hard. I'll have to be careful with the gas untell I get used to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts