Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

What did you do to your Grizzly Today?

468K views 3K replies 410 participants last post by  jhama78 
#1 ·
They have a thread like this on the Titan (Nissan) Forum that I am a member of and it was a hit. So I just thought that I would make one here to see what people have been up to with their Grizzlys.

My new Tamarack Classic Front Box, that I will mount on my back rack, was delivered today.

Pics will, of course, follow!

#2 ·
pricing parts and picture it with new tires rims two up seat pegs lol

#3 ·
Waiting for the weather to warm up a little... painting all the plastics, new wheel bearings, new ball joints, new tierod ends. A complete go over and clean up. Probably install some header wrap and foil shielding tape to keep the temps down. Other than that, hopefully seat time! lol

Reactions: mainegrizz660
#5 · (Edited)
Hahaha..... make sure to keep the important stuff dry.

That's great, someone else just like myself...

I kept mine in the basement all winter so the ol' girl wouldn't get too cold...
Looking forward to getting a few things done in the near future if all works out

#6 ·
This weekend I'll be installing some nice handlebar grips. The stockers are wore out and they're not all that comfortable.

#7 ·
What grips did you get? I've trying to decide between getting Symtec heated grips or getting just the heating elements and putting them under ODI grips or the like. There are a lot of ODI versions to choose from though.... I felt a set of ODI's at my local stealership and they seemed pretty comfy though.

#8 ·
Spider grips....got'em on ebay.

#9 ·
Rode the piss out of mine today, to where I think the ole thing has finally gave in.. :/ saw some puffs of blue smoke when the rpms got high.. seems like time for a 686 job :)

#10 ·
I pulled my stock skid plates to make a pattern for 3/8 UHMW. Hope to get it done for the next ride.

#11 ·
I pulled my stock skid plates to make a pattern for 3/8 UHMW. Hope to get it done for the next ride.

3/8" UHMWPE!!! Wow that thing should be bulletproof! My Yamaha glide plate is 1/4" and I think that would be VERY tough to break. Post up some pics when you get it done. :peace:

#12 ·
I got out the scrub brush and washed the crap out of it hit it with some sc1 made it shine. 30 mins later my neighbor fired his up and said lets go play in the mud in the back 40 and so it sits in my garage covered in mud grass and branches with a blinking gas light.... knew I shoulda cleaned it at night

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Off-Road Forums mobile app

#13 ·
I installed a Wes Classic Standard rear storage seat and got some help wiring up the brake light on it. Next I will be ordering some "rear fender guards" aka 2 up footpegs so my kids can ride with me.

Reactions: mainegrizz660
#14 ·
Nothing, I had to go to town for the day.
When I got home I opened the garage door to make sure it hadn't gotten into something while locked inside with nothing to do.
I may have to go back to town today, I might roll it ahead a few inches to keep the tires from flat spotting. I'm just glad it doesn't leak on the garage floor, like the dog, when I leave it inside too long.

#15 ·
lol ridgway.

#16 ·
Trinity exhaust system, Trinity EFI controller, & K&N filter. Got it all back together with NO spare parts and the best thing is that it actually starts up! Now I need to figure out what all the different modes are and set it correctly. Also it's a little bit louder than I expected but a huge improvement over stock. I need to see if it came with a quiet core. If not I'll order one and install it soon. I'm sure my neighbors will appreciate it!
Hopefully I can get out to the farm and ride this weekend!

#18 ·

well, its not mine, and its not really a grizzly, but i installed a 6" totron light to my dad's kodiak 450 yesterday. the mount came out real slick. i think he is going to like it a lot.

#19 · (Edited)
I got my trailtech today, dont have enough time to put it on.

Tapatalk 08' Grizz HO 734

#20 ·
walked past mine looked at it and thought poor thing lol i need to change the rear cv boot on it hopefully this weekend

Reactions: love2ride
#21 ·
I finally had some nice weather to install my front box, Moose Forester, and the rear, Kolpin Navigator. Just paid for some new to me yamaha fender flares, will be getting them next week and installed soon therafter. Waiting for my income tax refund and spending it on STI, Black Diamond XTR's and STI HD3 wheels, and Ricochet skids. If monsoon season ever ends I might be able to use them.

#31 ·
man, id love to hear your thoughts on that front box, and maybe see a few pictures.. ive been eying up the moose forester for some time now. not much info out there on it. is it actually compartmentalized? aka, are the side storage spots for the gas cans sealed off from the center storage?

#22 ·
Tore mine down ripped out the old snorkel system.. Finally broke down and redoing it the good/right way.. Doing everything in 2" flex PVC.. Hopefully I can make it work and have it together for next weekend and it work properly

#25 ·
I went on the first mud run I have ever been on... wow... video and pix in the pix forum of this page...

check it out!!!!

#26 ·
just finished mounting my stg3 Elkas :)

#27 ·
just finished mounting my stg3 Elkas :)
Dag your living my dream right their. Unfortunately my wife has decided they are to much money for the quad. And that is a rare thing seeings she pretty well lets me buy what ever I want. So either she is right or I just have to obay her this time

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Off-Road Forums mobile app

#32 ·
Didn't do anything to the grizzly but got my wood cut and drilled to be layed out. Just need to drill holes in the trailer, waterproof the wood and bolt it down. Well and of course space the wood evenly apart before bolting down.

#33 ·

New tires, new seat cover, and the plow taken off and weight removed from rear compartments. Tearing off the front spindles tomorrow and replacing both front wheel bearings and a tie rod.

#34 ·
Beat the crap out of it for 150km and 7 hours or riding

Reactions: okbear
#36 ·
I love the forester box, it's not too high, it's not completely compartmentalized, it just has the top of the sections separated.I will take some pictures tomorrow, I have to trim the u-bolts, because they will puncture the gas cans. I bought 2 gas cans, put gas in them and then, they didn't fit. So bought two more little smaller ones and these do fit. I put on my Ram mount for my GPS today, will post pics soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.