Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

3121 - 3140 of 3167 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
For no known reason, tires that have given me no problems, suddenly decided to leak, just before my hunting trip.
I tried for 2 solid hours to get them aired back up, and couldn't do it, so made a trip to my local go to guys at ASK. They worked me in and got the rim cleaned and sealed and filled.
And it didn't last 24hrs. By the time I arrived near the Badlands, it was back off the rim.
I stopped in at Badlands when they opened, and Roy tried to reseal them and ended up tubing both rear tires. (He only had 2 inner tubes large enough in stock, or I would have had all 4 done.) SS aluminum rims, 31"outlaw tires. 2003 Grizzly 660.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i am rebuilding a 2016 grizz 700 eps i say rescuing it lol but i did water pump shaft oil and water seal then fixed for now the air box problem with the 16's i got new air filter so cleaned the old one and made new gaskets out of it for air box to air filter seal seeing how yamaha only gave a little bit of nothing as a seal next time i do filter i am doing the air box conversion i saw in this forum (that is 125 dollars but for now i will use this having just picked up 1030 dollars in parts to make this quad as it should be) but this seems to be working good now i took and made 2 rings from the old filter and spray adhesive one to air box and one to filter end plate greased them and when put in they make a great seal i can hear the difference i also noticed when doing air box removal (cause was so damn dirty inside that where intake meets the head that clamp even though tight let the intake still swivel easily so i removed the stop piece of tubing from the clamp and bade tight not sure what yamaha was thinking with either of these

Attachments

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Mounted a small storage on the old grizzly which is actually a plano waterproof 36in gun hard case. So far I really like it. Moved the old plano 1510 storage to the new grizzly. Bought some new rotopax mounts for the new storage for the old grizzly to hold 2 gal, 3gal, or 2+3 gal rotos. Purchased some new pitbull growler bg2.5 25x10x12x4's with the 60% off coupon code on pitbull's website that they had going till midnight cst lastnight and just purchased a set of ITP SD beadlocks for the new grizz.

Cheers to more stuff for the grizzly!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nothing major, just replaced the winch cable. Old cable had some frays and it was time.
I know the new thing is the synthetic rope replacement, but I have easy access to cable, and the tools to do proper crimps. Cable is also more abrasion resistant.
Hardest part of the swap, was dropping that dang little metal pill that binds the cable loop to the cable spool. (Very little room to maneuver while the winch is still mounted on the machine. ) but I was able to fish it out with a magnet.
Happy new year.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
So you did plastic over aluminum?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
So you did plastic over aluminum?

Ya 1/4" hdpe overlay. I like that its thicker than the non recessed bolt heads for the aluminum saving them from getting mangled. Hoping it saves the aluminum fairly well because I love the anodizing lol

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I have just the yamaha plastic glide plate on mine for 3000 miles. Its held up well.

·
Registered
2018 Eps SE BH2.0s
4 Posts
Tinkered with factory settings on suspension, was out for snowy trail ride just showing some can ams and a brute force how we do it, and ordered up some BH2.0s for the ol war wagon (2018 eps se)

·
Registered
21 Posts
finished taking my 16 griz i got in trade from a rolled sunken mess to mint again put on full ricochet armor and new dash to find code 37 ordered a suzukie isc valve after ton of research trying to find real proof that will fit ( TY yamaha for not listing and selling it separate idiots) only thing left is front rack to get bent right or replace but i like how it looks with with out

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts

Just playing around and testing some ... more 2 come

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly 700
144 Posts
I was in Wisconsin last week for work so a couple of weeks back I ordered a set of Elkas stage 3 and got them sent to a friend over there. He gave them to me after a nice dinner in Green Bay on the 27th which happened to be my birthday. Great present!

Now back home looking forward to install them hopefully tomorrow. Saved over $1,000 by not buying them from a European dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Micke Kembe

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly 700
144 Posts
So I installed the Elkas and I had to trim the Ricochet A-arm guards in all 4 corners, no big deal, but I had a piece of shit battery powered grinder so not the nicest job in the world, plus I didn't want to remove them to mount the new shocks. Then went for a short ride to make sure everything was fine and yes I noticed a smoother ride / higher speed but not a huge difference. So waiting for the next long ride to try them out.

Reactions: Pjniez
3121 - 3140 of 3167 Posts