Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

3141 - 3160 of 3167 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm interested in hearing how you like the Elkas. Please post a picture of them installed on your machine.

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly 700
144 Posts
I'm interested in hearing how you like the Elkas. Please post a picture of them installed on your machine.
This is front left:

As you can see it’s a pretty clean job (irony).

This is rear right:

It was the last one so a little better lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pjniez

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures. Those things are like jewelry. I might order a set soon. I've almost given up trying to find a nice used set.

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly 700
144 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures. Those things are like jewelry. I might order a set soon. I've almost given up trying to find a nice used set.
Forgot to mention: the suspension of my 2017 was ok, but my buddy has a 2008 700 and the suspension is awful (maybe it’s just the age)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just finished respooling the pull start on my 2003 660. Fairly easy, with one small issue. Broke off the head of one of the 4, 10mm mounting bolts for the pull start. Still solid enough, but I will have to get that bolt out and replace it, of course.
Added a solar trickle charger to the battery, to keep it topped off, until I can find a good replacement battery. (Existing battery has a very poor reputation/reviews).

·
Registered
922 Posts
Put some new shoes on the lil guy's machine. Got new wheels too so we could have more tire choices. No more getting stuck on wet grass!

·
Registered
2000 grizzly 600 4x4
11 Posts
washed the grizz. still gotta find out why its backfiring.
adjusted valves
rebuilt carb.
.friend rebuilt it but no change in grizz.
new carb joint aka boot
going to take carb to dealer for rebuild.
if its not the carb then i probably have a stretched timing chain.
2000 grizzly 600

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
I installed my rear diff support on my 16 Grizz today, I ordered one from Turner Cycles, I was a bit concerned about my factory 2" receiver hitch being in the way but the support bolted right up perfect, very well made and thought out, the only change I made was installing stainless nylon locker nuts instead of the nut and lock washers that the support came with, I used lock tight on the bolts for the rear diff, I checked my Diff mounting bolt and it was tight before installing the diff support, this should help with towing a loaded trailer.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Today I got back in the game.
After a 2016, 2018 I jumped the fence. I’m Back in the Grizzly game.
Some of you may have missed me others celebrated, my absence.
I started a new thread. 2020 Grizzly long term review to compliment the 2016 and 2018 reviews I did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well not just today but over the last week. Add'ed a EHS intake kit with the Uni Filter and the Pitbull Growlers I bought a few weeks ago. It was the first time I have ever mounted quad tires so it was a learning curve. Notice the 2X4's to stretch the bead width out. It worked great!!! I also did normal maintenance like checking valve lash, spark plug, check brake pads, differential fluids and foot brake delete. I also add'ed a 1/2mm shim to help offset the taller Pitbull tires. Then end result was I lost 1% ratio. I can live with that. Ya I know my Grizzly is dirty. The cheap power washer we had broke and I have to buy another one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Nice!

So, Did you ride?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nice!

So, Did you ride?
No I have not. Its been raining here pretty much non stop for two days again. I am chopping at the bit though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Today I got back in the game.
After a 2016, 2018 I jumped the fence. I’m Back in the Grizzly game.
Some of you may have missed me others celebrated, my absence.
I started a new thread. 2020 Grizzly long term review to compliment the 2016 and 2018 reviews I did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
State 8, eh. I got mine at Honda East.

2019 Grizzly 700SE
Warn VR-X Winch
27x10x14 Zillas
26x14 Terracross
ODI Grips

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Grizzly
21 Posts
Got a Black Boar rear storage and lounger and Stainless (will probably spray them with bedliner) folding steps. Yamaha front brush gaurd. Blazer International 13in light bar for $69 figure if it doesn't work we can use it on the 5th wheel as an area light. Also got a new tree saver and a snatch rope. And got a spare synthetic winch line. All should be here by the middle to end of next week. Will post a few pics after I get it all installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Installed ricochet skids, led light bar, new rifle rack (old one broke when I rolled on the snow) and a K&N air filter View attachment 97702
[/QUOTif youdid the complete set cost you landed in canada?
Installed ricochet skids, led light bar, new rifle rack (old one broke when I rolled on the snow) and a K&N air filter View attachment 97702
If you dont mide me asking -as a fellow canadian- what didi the complete set cost you once the smoke cleared? thanks

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Grizzly
21 Posts
Finally got my bumper in today and installed, mounted the back seat and the Blazer 13in light bar. Will get some night shots tonight. Bumper already missing some powder coat. Had an old Honda overheat and had to push start it several times.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha Grizzly
21 Posts
Couple things about the bumper. There are no light mounts. My passenger side headlight had the shakes but with the new bumper it holds the fenders solid. No more shake.

3141 - 3160 of 3167 Posts