Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

3161 - 3167 of 3167 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Installed my purple spring. Took 1.5 hrs start to finish. I used a wheel from my truck as the spring compressor trick for the first time. That does work well and is fast!!!!

Fresh Rear Growlers have accumulated some hard milage and have softened up some witch is good. Traction is always amazing!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Installed my purple spring. Took 1.5 hrs start to finish. I used a wheel from my truck as the spring compressor trick for the first time. That does work well and is fast!!!!

Fresh Rear Growlers have accumulated some hard milage and have softened up some witch is good. Traction is always amazing!!!
I've been thinking of doing this also on my 2020 SE which has the 9" wide Growler Uber XOR on all 4 corners. Have you ridden it yet with the purple spring? If so, what do you think of it compared to the stock spring with the Growlers?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I've been thinking of doing this also on my 2020 SE which has the 9" wide Growler Uber XOR on all 4 corners. Have you ridden it yet with the purple spring? If so, what do you think of it compared to the stock spring with the Growlers?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
With the stock spring and Coop sheave + 0.5 shim my engine could easily over power the rear end on command. But I had a purple spring laying around so I felt the need to try it out. Heck I could drift out the back end at 45 mph.

With the purple spring, it permitted noticibly quicker back shifts, and down hill assist control, though I've noticed it does rev more in general. I'll need more seat time before I can conclude if heavier weights are required or not.

How are you liking your skinny Growlers set up? I recently put my 26 x11 fatties back on for one day and couldn't believe how lazy my bike got!!! It wouldn't rev up anywhere near as quickly, and felt like it lost 5hp. Needless to say those tires were sold with my 550.

My current stock wheels and 26x9 Growler tires weigh 34.5 lbs per corner.... have you weighed yours?

Reactions: it400 and Zrt1200

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I would suggest you keep a close eye on all your suspension components and wheel bearings.

I would have done 1" myself

Now go out there and rip it up!!!

3161 - 3167 of 3167 Posts