Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
camo pants, chest waders, some sort of tee shirt or longsleeve, fox gloves, and helmet/goggles.

thought about a over-the-boot, all weather, waterproofish riding pant. prolly somethin' a guy should try on for sizing though. a pair of mx boots for atv riding is also a consideration, would need a better tread on bottom though.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm tall and fat, so I wear Carhartt bib overalls so my crack isn't hanging out all day. An old t-shirt, Oakley Crowbar goggles, Fox gloves and Irish Setter rubber hunting 17" boots too.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
heres my riding gear , hat ,shirt,thongs
and old nasty good on you for covering up your " truckies money box" ie butt crack old mate :icon_ goofy:

·
Premium Member
5,690 Posts
I am tall and fat too, fairly common, which creates a problem because most of the MX stuff is for people that have zero fat, just one lean riding machine as opposed to...what is the words... pillsberry dough boy after maybe a brief diet. So what I am saying MX bike style clothes do not fit this big boy.

So I look eslewhere, waders as goose hunters will wear, must be some fat hunters out there, fisherman outer wear bibs, windproof and water resistant, again, must be some fat fisherman, Northface Gortex Jacket, same deal.....farm gloves, I do have luck buying gloves at the ATV suppliers/stores. Muckboots. Hiking socks, for variation of temp control by thickness, goggles, a new THOR helmet, trying to find body armor for a fat guy, kinda found something, but needs to be bigger, I am working on trying to get smaller.......

Summary: wanna sell me something make some XXL and some XXXL sizes.

·
Premium Member
5,690 Posts
heres my riding gear , hat ,shirt,thongs
and old nasty good on you for covering up your " truckies money box" ie butt crack old mate :icon_ goofy:
Aussie Battler, I am so glad that you found us. When are we going to ride? I might need to get my passport renewed first.....:peace:

G

·
0 Posts
Waders and a hat in the winter. Shorts, no shirt, 5 finger shoes, and a hat in the summer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Helmet, gloves and shirt or jacket depending on the temp if it gets to cold have to break out the carhart bibs.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Haha well I can say that I can still fit in my MX gear! I wear my my Jersey bc it's really easy to clean but when I race I'm all decked out even with the boots.
You need to come out with some shorts that are made with the same materials as the jerseys.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Judge what you wear by the trail your going to ride. If I know i'll be spending a better part of the day in the trees and mud away from the sun, then I layer up and get the waders out. If I go fast and do some mountain climbing then I grab a good wind resistant jacket (it gets cold in the mountains even if its hot down below). I tried that fancy gear and it just didn't do it for me. It's designed for guys and girls that have to watch what they eat before they ride. Not happening here I can tell you that much!!! I enjoy beer way to much. Gloves of any kind really, helmet, solid and comfortable boots and googles. After that, you decide what works for you

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Aussie Battler, I am so glad that you found us. When are we going to ride? I might need to get my passport renewed first.....:peace:
Dr mudd Maaaaaaaaaaate im hearing you re sizing for clothes most the stuff that any good is eather made for chinness cause there small,, or it fitts the gray hounds at the dapto dog track on a sat nite [ is that politicaly correct ??? ] just looked it up and yes it is >> you may look like a Dough boy [which is the the new trend old mate But i look like the procter doctors cat off for nite out looking for some milk on me wiskers
you guys are allways welcome over to this great place you will need to go a liver cleaning diet first { cause we hate drink over here ] im working on geting over there one day gotta save some cash!! gotta slow up on the ,beer, strippers , hookers ,, and im there>>>>> tryed rehabe they recone there can help me with the beer ??????? wtf
cheers dr mudd

·
Registered
208 Posts
nothing but my birthday suite

·
Banned
2,789 Posts
I'm a Colorado rider, so its cargo pants, heavy duty hiking boots, long sleeve jersey, mx glvoes, helmet and goggles. Of course, I always have rain gear.

In the winter time, its insulated bibs over jeans, insulated boots, long sleeve shirt/sweatshirt/jacket and insulated gloves with a baraclava.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I wear some bdu or acu pants, under armour shirt, converse desert tan GI boots (super comfortable) and mesh riding gloves. It's too hot here in Texas to wear much.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I normally wear chest waders, fox jersey over the waders, fox gloves, 509 helmet and fox goggles

·
Registered
22 Posts
Summer = rubber boots, shorts, t-shirt
Winter = thermal coveralls, thigh-high wadders, long undies
Always = full face helmet, glasses and/or goggles, and gloves
Night time = ass chaps and a ball gag

·
Registered
659 Posts
Water proof boots, wileyx goggles and some gloves...shorts or pants...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gmax helmet and Scott goggles, steel tow water proof boots good for -40F, camo pants, old work shirts and in winter, go for my work thermal coveralls, balaclava and Choko Claw gloves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When i have start mx racing so i have wear mx racing clothes with protectors and wearing good mx racing pant with knee pads and mx good shoes with socks. But sometime i have wear leather clothes for riding. But i very like mx gear for riding.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts