Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, no wrong answers here I just want some recommendations. I am looking at getting some new grips for my '02 660 and I want to know what everyone likes best. There is one rule. Keep it under $20 U.S. if possible. I was looking at some protaper pillowtops and opinions on those are welcome too. So fire away!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very happy with ODI Rogue lock-on grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,542 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size do I get? I see 120mm and 130mm.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I purchased the 120mm.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
If you have any interest in heated grips, the Heat Demon brand is great! They have an ODI lock on version so if you go that route, be sure to get the ODI lock on’s.

Reactions: Spheno

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright thanks guys. I might look into the heated grips. They sound nice and I am probably going to to plow a little snow so I need to keep warm!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I looked at heated grips and the price tag might have given me shock! Lol. I might look at those a little later...

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Ok I looked at heated grips and the price tag might have given me shock! Lol. I might look at those a little later...
Yea, they ain’t cheap but this is the exact best time of year to buy. Cyber Monday is tomorrow. This isn’t a purchase you’ll regret. Especially when you’re out plowing and your hands are cold.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I live in a cold climate too. They're the best accessory I've added to my machine.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yea, they ain’t cheap but this is the exact best time of year to buy. Cyber Monday is tomorrow. This isn’t a purchase you’ll regret. Especially when you’re out plowing and your hands are cold.
Hmm. I guess now would be the time. Do I need heated grips, or can I just use grip warmers. I mean that could be the best of both worlds... Couldn't it?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hmm. I guess now would be the time. Do I need heated grips, or can I just use grip warmers. I mean that could be the best of both worlds... Couldn't it?
I have found the Head Demon ODI lock-on style to be the most trouble-free. I have installed the non lock-on versions and the grips eventually let go and would not re-adhear. I have also used the grip warmers and they were fine too.

·
Registered
760 Posts
If you have any interest in heated grips, the Heat Demon brand is great! They have an ODI lock on version so if you go that route, be sure to get the ODI lock on’s.
Definitely agree. Also worth the extra money if possible ;)

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
X3 on the ODI Rogues. I personally think the options for heated grips are uncomfortable. But, what you can do/what I did is I put heating elements under my ODI Rogues. You have to ream out the new grips with a 15/16" drill bit, but I have really comfortable heated grips.

The grip mitts are good too, but if it's really cold heated is the way to go. I still use my grip mitts when it gets really cold.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ha! If it's really cold I won't be plowing. More than likely if it's really cold my little atv plow won't do much good. I am going to look into the mitts. Then maybe get the rogue grips to go on too! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
heat

I just installed the TUSK heated grip kit. they are very reasonable price wise have 5 heat settings and work great. I was plowing in -20C yesterday and my hands were nice and toasty...actually had to turn them down to #3...they are a tight fit on the bars though..had to remove the paint from the bars...im very pleased with them.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/948/32868/Tusk-Heated-Grip-Kit

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All I have to say is... Wow. Than they would keep my hands warm. How's the comfort factor of the grips? I know that I am going to pounce on those as soon as Christmas has come and gone! The fam won't let me buy anything till after Christmas... Unless it's they're presents.

·
Registered
47 Posts
grips

All I have to say is... Wow. Than they would keep my hands warm. How's the comfort factor of the grips? I know that I am going to pounce on those as soon as Christmas has come and gone! The fam won't let me buy anything till after Christmas... Unless it's they're presents.
comfort is fine...the thumb warmer is separate but also cheap $$$ and plugs into the grip harness.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
@Grizzcrazy, " unless it's they're presents", Bahhhh, Haaaaa, Haaaaa!!! Righto on that one, !!!, Bahhh, Haaaa, Haaa!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@basmn can you link the thumb warmers here too?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts