Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, looking at some handguards to keep the cold off and protect my brake levers if I have an oops. Would like to keep close to $50 and under. So bring it on! Discussion welcome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use the Powermadd Sentinels but they will not help save much in the event of a mishap.

More to keep the driving rain, wind and tree branches off your hands.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Powermadd, Mosse, Maier, Kolpin,are a few, but good luck with $50.00 range most are closer to $70 and up. Powermadd handgards are like $ 30+ then you have to buy mounting brackets, another $30+ sorry. Now they do make some cheep universal handgards on eBay ( not what I would want) but maybe worth a look.
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/962/9633/Maier-ATV-Handguards

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have Acerbis Uniko ATV guards. They were not cheap,, about $130 Canadian .
Very nice design though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I am going to just buy a windshield with them built in. Thanks anyway guys.

Reactions: RDC

·
Registered
365 Posts
Would you make up my mind, lol

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
I use the OEM yammi guards. They help with wind chill but the full windshield would be the way to go if you ride a lot in cold temps.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use the OEM yammi guards. They help with wind chill but the full windshield would be the way to go if you ride a lot in cold temps.
My Grizzly wants to play in the freezing cold (aka snow) to much. Ok so maybe the feeling is mutual.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I have Acerbis Uniko ATV guards. They were not cheap,, about $130 Canadian .
Very nice design though.

I was eyeballing the Acerbis lighted ones... but not really excited about drilling the ends. Opted for the lighted PowerMadd units. Haven’t installed them yet, so I’m still on the fence!

-Opie

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got these Acerbis knock offs on amazon for like $40 cdn shipped. They could cover more but they're strong!

Can't say how well they would work on a factory bar though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
These look like they attach in 2 places. The Uniko ones only attach at the bar ends. It makes them easier, but not quite as secure.
The Uniko share the same small coverage area as these. I’d like to have a bit more wind coverage.
The moose guards I had on my 2009 grizzly were better that way, but I dont like the look as much as this style.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

Moose hand-guards. The cover well and go on easy, but always looked a but crooked and uneven.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Maier handgards:

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Darn, you guys are going to make me get handguards and a windshield. Lol.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I would think you might want to remove windshield in the summer and throw on the handgards?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was hoping those knock offs would have a larger coverage area, but I'm happy with them. I ride through overgrown trails often enough that a wanted to keep sticks off my levers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 56 Posts