Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new grizzly and am curious what good mods there are to put on it. The only mods i have/am 100% getting are the ehs intake, fuel controller and hmf swamp series exhaust(witch I already have). Just wondering if there is anymore mods that could increase the power or make the bike look great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Windshield and heat demon grips are a must for cold weather riding.

I'm also a big fan of coop45 machine sheave. 25% more off the line torque multiplication is always a good thing!

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Registered
553 Posts
Agreed, Clutching is a big thing and Coop can set you up at a reasonable price

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Also a two up seater / storage box is very handy to have.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,841 Posts
Best clutch "kit" can be as subjective and opinionated as best engine oil, best truck manufacturer, etc.

Many on here support and appreciate Coop45 as Arnie seems to be a no BS kind of guy. I run a Coop45 primary sheave and if I found I needed another machined sheave, Coop45 is who I would turn to again. There are other primary sheave machinists out there who put together bit clutch kit packages and it seems some of that within the clutch kit is just not needed and drives the price up.

What many do is have the machined primary sheave, very small amount of shim or no shim and then go with a stronger secondary spring. I don't ride mud holes, only trails and that combo works very well for me on my 2014 Grizzly 700 with 26" tire size.

·
Registered
18 Posts
do you gain power just from a dead start with the coop45 mod or rolling starts as well? Otherwise machine would be stock power wise and tires would be similar to stock, i.e. big horn or other similar trail tires.

·
Registered
553 Posts
do you gain power just from a dead start with the coop45 mod or rolling starts as well? Otherwise machine would be stock power wise and tires would be similar to stock, i.e. big horn or other similar trail tires.
A coop45 machine sheave will gain low end power without the loss of top end MPH. Adding shims will add low end power at the cost of top end MPH.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts