Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, before you say go here or there, I have a reason. I have a 2009 Grizzly 350 4x4 irs that we bought brand new. It has always been well maintained and adult owned. I have a 3000# badlands winch, a 20 inch led light bar, Maxxis Zillas, 48 inch Cycle Country Plow, 350 miles and clutch kit. With this low of miles and the accessories, what would be a good price to start at for selling? We are in Pa.

My wife, son(kinship custody) and I are moving into a townhouse because we need a bigger place to foster my son's brother. So we do not have a place to store the Grizzly. I don't want to sell it but family is much more important.

·
Registered
277 Posts
3500 seems reasonable.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
So we do not have a place to store the Grizzly. I don't want to sell it but family is much more important.
I have a lot of respect for someone who chooses the well being of their family like you are mentioning.

I do want to throw this out there... have you considered maybe getting a small storage unit to put your Grizz in that is somewhat close by? Shouldn't cost too much per month and you'll be able to hold onto it, just not at your residence.

Good luck with whatever decision you make!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I agree with Red Rocket. Both in sentiment, and suggestion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So we do not have a place to store the Grizzly. I don't want to sell it but family is much more important.
I have a lot of respect for someone who chooses the well being of their family like you are mentioning.

I do want to throw this out there... have you considered maybe getting a small storage unit to put your Grizz in that is somewhat close by? Shouldn't cost too much per month and you'll be able to hold onto it, just not at your residence.

I thought about that, and while we are renting we will be selling our current home. So it will be at least a year until we sell and find a new home. We have signed a year lease on the place we are renting. So would it be better to sell the Grizzly now and look for something newer and bigger then, or pay to store it for a year? It's a hard decision because it has been a great machine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I agree with Red Rocket. Both in sentiment, and suggestion.
And thanks for the sentiment. We can't choose our family, but we can choose what we do for family.

·
Registered
396 Posts
So would it be better to sell the Grizzly now and look for something newer and bigger then, or pay to store it for a year?
If it's paid off, then I'd keep it - you said it's been a great machine. No friends that have a garage that wouldn't mind you keeping it there for a few bucks a month?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So would it be better to sell the Grizzly now and look for something newer and bigger then, or pay to store it for a year?
If it's paid off, then I'd keep it - you said it's been a great machine. No friends that have a garage that wouldn't mind you keeping it there for a few bucks a month?
I found out today that I'll be able to keep it in my in-laws garage. I just need to clear out a spot and run power for the battery tender.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I found out today that I'll be able to keep it in my in-laws garage. I just need to clear out a spot and run power for the battery tender.
Outstanding.

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
Glad to hear you found a way to to keep the Grizz.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Win-Win, glad to see that this is going to work out for you. It admirable for stepping up and making sure the kid has someone to look-out for him. In time, the rewards will be returned much more than the sacrifices. I've never met you, however you're a good Man in my book 09Grizzly350.
Best of luck.

Reactions: RedRocket
1 - 11 of 11 Posts