Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and have a quick question before ordering wheels and tires. I've searched a ton and found plenty of info on the 5+2 and 4+3 offsets for these machines but I am hoping to order some of the rockstar 2s for my 17 grizzly and the only offset I can find is 3.5 + 3.5 which is also listed as 0 on some sites and kmcs site as well. How will that offset affect width? Will they stick out more or less than stockers? I've called rocky mtn but the guy was a little unsure what they would do. Any help is a appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,923 Posts
3.5-3.5 is a zero offset wheel. Offset is measured from the centerline of the mounting surface of the wheel. Measured from the face of the hub that wheel might measure 3.25-3.75. Don't remember exactly, a stock wheel is close to 5-2. Your wheel would make the rig wider

·
Registered
5,546 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks. I guess with 11" tires it will make it even wider. I guess I'll have to look for different wheels.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I would go with a 5+2 if you can it will as mentioned keep you close to stock width. We have a few available in 12x7 5+2. Here is a link for you just in case:

Grizzly Wheels | Discount Tire Direct

I had some Raceline Scorpion 5.2 wheels on my quad. Here is a photo to give you an idea:

Please let us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update. I ended up getting the rockstar 2s with 27x10 motoclaws all around. Shop mounted them up for me and let me see them on before commiting to buy them. They are a tad bit wider than I wanted to go but I think they turned out really good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts