Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a grizzly irs, front wheel is 6 inches wide, rear is 7.5 inches wide. I want to order 26x9 zillas all the way around, but was wondering if the different width wheels will cause the tries to be a different hight. It's only a .75 inch difference per side, so would I even be able to tell? Just want to know for sure before I drop 300 bucks on something that doesn't work out like I want, thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think its possible that its going to be too not wide enought for rim.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
They could be a little taller on the 6" wheels. You can run a little more air in the back and little less in the front if it bothers you. Although you probably won't be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Think he is trying to say a 9 inch tire will not be wide enough for a 7.5 inch rim. I disagree but I think it's what he is saying

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Na they will fit. But the rear tires are going to be more of a flat profile, and may look shorter than the fronts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Might be a b*tch to seat the bead on the rear but where theres a will there's a way.
You'd be way better of to just go 11" tires on the rear, you'll probably find they''ll only be 10-10 1/2" wide after installed anyway, that's on 3/4" wider on each side :lala:

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
In theory there is a small difference but actually it doesn't matter to the grizz. I run 9 wide up front and 12 wide rear on the stock wheels and have for 7000 miles, and with this set-up I use the same air pressure in all 4 tires.
I've measured the roll-out on both ends and it was the same when the tire were new.
Now, the rears are 2"s shorter for roll-out but the grizz doesn't care.
The 4x4 engages smoothly, and there is no problem engaging the locker.
There must not be enough difference to matter, or in loss dirt or mud there is slippage.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well nevermind now the dealer sold me a set of brand new front wheels with new mu19 for 150 bucks. So soon as I save up I will order 4 interforce 27x7.5x12 and crawl through or over anything I want.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
So your putting the front wheels you just bought on the back ? This won't work as the offsets are different and you will considerably narrow the rear track. Or did I miss understand you in what you said ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a irs, wheel flanges are same distance apart. I measured it to be sure. Sorry I just made my signature!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts