Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 yamaha grizzly 600
putting chains on my yamaha but i need spacers on front. going to try 2" so will i have any steering issues?:frown2:
thanks

·
Registered
800 Posts
Only issue you will have is taking them off because you like them more often then not. They will give you stability and maybe improve handling. Don't sweet it and ride on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
1999 yamaha grizzly 600
putting chains on my yamaha but i need spacers on front. going to try 2" so will i have any steering issues?:frown2:
thanks
Did you put these on? How'd they work out for you?

Thinking of putting some on mine, taking it down to my farm in TN in a couple of weeks and the stability/wider footprint appeals to me.

I'm 61 and already dealing w/ back and knee problems (prior service Army), last thing I want to do is fall over. :wink2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i put 2" spacers on front wheels because chains were rubbing. i notice it handles better so i am going to do back wheels also..love them.. also find a big difference with chains hauling out wood and plowing.. i will be taking chains off when weather is nice but leaving spacers on for sure:smile2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i put 2" spacers on front wheels because chains were rubbing. i notice it handles better so i am going to do back wheels also..love them.. also find a big difference with chains hauling out wood and plowing.. i will be taking chains off when weather is nice but leaving spacers on for sure:smile2:

When you mounted the spacers, did the lug nuts go all the way down ?
I mounted 2" spacers on my '13 griz 700 and they did not.
I can see half way down in the nuts the end of the griz wheel stud.
I put lock tight on them and torqued them down good.
30 mile ride and no issues so far, but I keep thinking there should be more thread engagement.
Your thoughts ???
Mike

·
Registered
449 Posts
I mounted 2" spacers on my '13 griz 700 and they did not.
I can see half way down in the nuts the end of the griz wheel stud.
I put lock tight on them and torqued them down good.
30 mile ride and no issues so far, but I keep thinking there should be more thread engagement.
Your thoughts ???
Mike[/QUOTE]

I put spacers on my grizzly.my lug nuts are kinda like what you describe.maybe not half way but a couple threads short. been running them for almost 6 years without issues.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i just put 2" spacers on my 08 700 and thread only caught maybe half the thread of the lug. So i sharpened a 7/8" drill bit to 60 degrees and reamed out the chamfered part of the spacer another 1/4" inch or so . Now it gabs all the threads. In my opinion the way the came is not proper oh and i used red lock tite on them and make sure you torque them down.It's should be 40 ft lb but I went to 44

1 - 7 of 7 Posts