Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I ride in the desert I carry my cell phone and wallet in a pouch in one of the storage compartments but this makes it inconvenient to get to them when needed. If one of those items are lost they will probably never be found. That is why I do not carry them in my pockets. I was just wondering what everyone else uses when they ride. I am thinking maybe a cell phone holder attached to my belt and continue to store the wallet in a compartment but I am not sure yet. Whatever I end up with it has be high quality and dependable.

·
Registered
900 Posts
My climate and riding terrain is much different than yours, but I always have my wallet and phone on my person, even if that is in an inside jacket pocket. Certain survival gear needs to be on your person in case you become separated from your ATV....like rolling down a mountainside! In the winter all personal survival gear is on my person in a backpack. Many items are vacuum packed or at least in a zip-lock bag (toilet paper).

·
Registered
183 Posts
I havent been on any mountian trails yet (hopefully one day), if i were though i'd do the same as MORSNO, but since my normal trails are wooded and muddy i keep my cell, wallet, and keys in my dry storage the grizz comes with, i remember seeing a thread a while back about adding another grizz dry storage on the left side which i'll end up doing that at some point

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
I wear a Camelback style hydration pack. Phone goes in a waterproof pouch, wallet in a ziplock bag and both items go in the hydration pack which is attached to me.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I put my cell phone in a winter glove (for padding) and stick in the fender storage with my wallet.

Jim

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Inside breast pocket of my jacket. I used to think that if I crashed and broke a leg I didn't want to crawl to quad to get my phone. Now on the side by side it is just safer on my person then in the storage and dryer

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Inside breast pocket of my jacket. I used to think that if I crashed and broke a leg I didn't want to crawl to quad to get my phone. Now on the side by side it is just safer on my person then in the storage and dryer
The problem with a jacket for me is that I seldom need one. There is very few cold months here. I was riding in a t shirt today and it was warm 87 degrees.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
The problem with a jacket for me is that I seldom need one. There is very few cold months here. I was riding in a t shirt today and it was warm 87 degrees.
Well now I hate you ... woke up this morning it was 7 degrees

Reactions: DrMud

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Cell in belt pouch on side and wallet in front pocket whether riding or not.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I put my cell phone in a winter glove (for padding) and stick in the fender storage with my wallet.

Jim

Same as me but its wrapped in a rag that I sometimes use to clean mud from my visor . I pay $100 a year with a phone card .

·
Registered
54 Posts
I keep mine in the middle of my backpack. I try to protect it as much as possible because if I was in a crash I want it to work.

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
Phone and card holder go in my shirt pockets. I don't ride in hot 80 degree weather.
I carry a single truck key in my jeans pocket.
I carry a card holder with my license and a bank card with some cash, not a life history wallet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Cell phone, Pants pocket..... have thrown it to shore many a
times when I get to crazy or stuck mudding plus need it to take action shots. Wallet stays in the truck, "you'll never catch Jordan Deichmiller!". My chant and name of my childhood arch rival as I try to ride away from the fuzz, pissed off land owner, or confused wife. Don't need incriminating evidence in my back pocket.

·
Vendor
715 Posts
I have two ammo boxes screwed to my back rack that I keep my wallet, phone, and other things that shouldn't get wet in. If we're listening to music my phone stays inside it's lifeproof case mounted to a handlebar mount made for bicycles that I bought off ebay. It actually works really well.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,516 Posts
Wallet and phone are stored along with the winch remote in dry storage. Other less important items are in ziplock bags in my box. Only other thing I wish I could fit in dry storage is my emergency medical stuff (combat gauze, tourniquet, bandaids, etc. But that stuff is in a ziplock bag in my box so it's not a huge issue.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My cell-phone is in a padded belt pouch, licence, credit card and some cash in water-proof pouch in either shirt or pants pocket.
You are right, good riding weather is finialy here.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I wear a Camelback style hydration pack. Phone goes in a waterproof pouch, wallet in a ziplock bag and both items go in the hydration pack which is attached to me.
X2. Gatorade in the bladder and essentials like cell phone, cash, multi tool, and fire starter go in the pouches. Might feel a little cumbersome at first, but 10 minutes into the ride you'll forget it's there. In hot weather, the bladder filled with Gatorade gets frozen the night before.

Reactions: okbear

·
Premium Member
5,690 Posts
I think after reading this, I might adapt to a ride wallet, cash, few cards, driver license and leave the rest of my life stuff at home, usually goes in my dry box in fender with my phone, with the extra set of gloves for padding.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I put mine in a ziplock bag within the OGIO rear bag since it's not even close to being water proof. My conceal carry on the other hand, is on my person.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts