Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so every once in a while I hear about a sway bar. Does a 660 have one? Where is it? Any help is appreciated on this... As always on my threads other members can jump in a ask related questions if they want, but let's stay away from Elka discussion. Lol.

Grizzly 660:
EPI Purple Spring
2mm Shim
STI Black Diamonds

·
Registered
147 Posts
Back of the bike, there should be a link o your lower control arm connected to a bar that runs to the other side's cotrol arm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,543 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it! Thanks all for the help. Wanted to know if it had a sway bar delete or not.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Mine is located under the rear suspension near the Elka shocks. >:)

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is located under the rear suspension near the Elka shocks. >:)
I knew it! I knew one of you guys was going to be a smart @$$ and say it! Lol.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

Reactions: it400

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,660 Posts
It's there is case one Elka blows a gasket for the other one to hold up the grizz.

Reactions: RDC and Madkawi750

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's there is case one Elka blows a gasket for the other one to hold up the grizz.
So, it seemed most of those guys liked removing theirs, but I like high speed and tight turns. I think I will leave mine on.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,660 Posts
I never disconnected the sway bar for a long run to feel how it changes the ride experience, and this is because of the varied terrain in the area.
I know the sway bar delete would feel better in many situations, but also know losing the benefit in other situations would be dangerous. I leave it connected for those isolated situations during a day for the most the grizz as to give.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Would like to see a Quick disconnect for the sway bar. I tried disconnecting mine. It was weird to say the least
Driving slow, you wouldn’t notice the weirdness, it would just be smoother. But as soon as you turn while going over 10 mph you feel the lean. It’s totally manageable, but would take some getting used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
162 Posts
Would like to see a Quick disconnect for the sway bar. I tried disconnecting mine. It was weird to say the least
Driving slow, you wouldn’t notice the weirdness, it would just be smoother. But as soon as you turn while going over 10 mph you feel the lean. It’s totally manageable, but would take some getting used to.

I have made a quick disconnect for the sway bar myself. Now I can unhook it in about 20 seconds.

Reactions: Madkawi750

·
Registered
54 Posts
I took mine off after a week or so' and wow what a difference it made much better IMO plenty of body roll n wheel travel for my style of riding.

Reactions: Blklab

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have made a quick disconnect for the sway bar myself. Now I can unhook it in about 20 seconds.

Would love to see some pics of this.

Reactions: it400

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I'd like to see your set up to!

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
162 Posts
Tada!

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
ya some pics of the quick dissconnect would be awesome. I took mine off it's nice for rough trail rides but for fast cornering it's a little hairy, but i left mine off. I just lean into the corner more.

·
Registered
162 Posts
ya some pics of the quick dissconnect would be awesome. I took mine off it's nice for rough trail rides but for fast cornering it's a little hairy, but i left mine off. I just lean into the corner more.
The picture I posted is on the quick disconnect.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I think we are all kinda wondering how it works? What it looks like when it’s disconnected.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts