Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site, been wheeling all my life, but never dealt with a CVT. Just bought an 05 grizzly 660, and I would like to get a clutch sheave mod to help turn my 27" tires/wheels. I have narrowed it down to Coop, JBS and airdam. I ride rocky up hills and mud, along with access roads, so I need it to be an all around quad. Can anyone help me make this decision? I can find information on each, but not much that compares all 3. Any help would be very much appreciated. I am interested in results, not arguments.. Please!

·
Premium Member
7,910 Posts
Hey...Vagabond...Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.

Coop...by far.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I am new to this site, been wheeling all my life, but never dealt with a CVT. Just bought an 05 grizzly 660, and I would like to get a clutch sheave mod to help turn my 27" tires/wheels. I have narrowed it down to Coop, JBS and airdam. I ride rocky up hills and mud, along with access roads, so I need it to be an all around quad. Can anyone help me make this decision? I can find information on each, but not much that compares all 3. Any help would be very much appreciated. I am interested in results, not arguments.. Please!
I have the Coops sheave and purple spring installed and has made a big difference in my Grizz especially in the midrange and for towing, no regrets at all, Arnie is great to deal with also.

Reactions: Vagabond

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vincent, it looks like that is incompatible with my 05 660, thank you for sending the link my way though.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Have you thought about just a shim and spring mod? If top end losing a few mph isn't a big deal it is a lot cheaper with similar results. Oh and welcome to GC from Tn

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Vincent, it looks like that is incompatible with my 05 660, thank you for sending the link my way though.
My apologies for that mistake.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
For the 660, go with Coop, if your going to replace the primary sheave.

·
Premium Member
10,621 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Call COOP and make arrangements to send him your movable primary sheave for machining.
As for comparisons, I'm not sure a member here has ran all 3 on one bike.
For the best bang for the buck, I found COOP the way to go. I run all the C.V.T. mods listed in the signature for the best set-up in my area which is very rocky with large vertical gains during a days ride. It is a very good overall set-up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from Colorado.
Call COOP and make arrangements to send him your movable primary sheave for machining.
As for comparisons, I'm not sure a member here has ran all 3 on one bike.
For the best bang for the buck, I found COOP the way to go. I run all the C.V.T. mods listed in the signature for the best set-up in my area which is very rocky with large vertical gains during a days ride. It is a very good overall set-up.

I spoke to Coop, seems like a great guy, everyone has been extremely helpful so far on the site. It seems to me that Coop's mod makes more sense, you can add a good bit more shim to his setup, giving it more ability to be adjusted. I just need to figure out when I can suck it up and deal with down time. On a side note, my skid plates have arrived!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts