Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to tje Grizzly. Bought white spring and 1.5. & 1.2. What else should or can i do. have 28 ich motohavoc. On it

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Hey...
09 gRiZzLy....Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.

Depends on where/how you ride.
How many miles, what type of riding?

While you have it apart.
Inspect the roller weights for flat spots or other damage. 29mm in diameter is the limit.
Same with the camplate and sliders. If worn bad replace.
If you think you are going to be missing with CVT a lot consider going greaseless. If mud or deep water a lot greaseless is the way to go.
Clean inspect and service the secondary. Clean it good replace the grease. You must use grease in the secondary.
Check out the belt for cracks or burning. Is it with in spec's. 30mm is the factory limit. If the belt is good at 31mm or more you can leave it for a while.
Does the engine braking work properly?
Replace the oneway if the engine braking is not working properly.

Very important to use a torque wrench on everything inside the CVT case.

I sharpie gate my CVT before I button it up Write the date and ratio on the secondary

Ride!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing should be worn. I bought 09 grizz from 85 year old man who who bought it new took it duck hunting first couple yrs has 200 miles all stock.

I trail and mud ride. Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
09's had the Big E problem. If the battery voltage is low for an extended period of time it will smoke the interment pod. Just keep a good battery in it. Put on a maintainer or remove the battery for storage.

They also had a problem with the EPS. These have a vent tube keep it clean and dry. Some guys have plugged it off others have install a bellow over the end of the tube.

You can find all of this info with a Google search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey...
09 gRiZzLy....Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.

Depends on where/how you ride.
How many miles, what type of riding?

While you have it apart.
Inspect the roller weights for flat spots or other damage. 29mm in diameter is the limit.
Same with the camplate and sliders. If worn bad replace.
If you think you are going to be missing with CVT a lot consider going greaseless. If mud or deep water a lot greaseless is the way to go.
Clean inspect and service the secondary. Clean it good replace the grease. You must use grease in the secondary.
Check out the belt for cracks or burning. Is it with in spec's. 30mm is the factory limit. If the belt is good at 31mm or more you can leave it for a while.
Does the engine braking work properly?
Replace the oneway if the engine braking is not working properly.

Very important to use a torque wrench on everything inside the CVT case.

I sharpie gate my CVT before I button it up Write the date and ratio on the secondary

Ride!!
I'd like to disassemble everything in the CVT case on my 2013 Grizzly 550. I see some special tools mentioned in the service manual, are any of these necessary or can I do this job without them?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I'd like to disassemble everything in the CVT case on my 2013 Grizzly 550. I see some special tools mentioned in the service manual, are any of these necessary or can I do this job without them?
Don't really need anything special, theirs many ways to get around those requirerments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts