Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is making the grizzly 700 motors past and present i was told they are made in china now is this so
:frown2:

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Hear that from a Polaris dealer salesman? Hahahaha. There's talk that the current motors are made by a subsidiary company of Subaru that Yamaha acquired. Don't quote me there. I've slept since I heard the story. There's very few complaints on the 708 motor. It had some growing pains like anything new but everyone I've heard is reporting it's solid.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Subaru do or did on dinli and wouldnt have a prob if they were making the engine

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I don't know about the new ones, but if it's any indicator, all the parts I just bought for the '09 stator upgrade, i.e. crankcase cover, water pump bearing, seals, gasket, etc. all said "Japan" on them.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't know about the new ones, but if it's any indicator, all the parts I just bought for the '09 stator upgrade, i.e. crankcase cover, water pump bearing, seals, gasket, etc. all said "Japan" on them.
Which kit did you use?

DEWFPO

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
There's talk that the current motors are made by a subsidiary company of Subaru that Yamaha acquired. Don't quote me there.

I have to... but

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/news/2016/1207/collaboration.html

global.yamaha-motor.com said:
With regard to the transfer of technological assets, Fuji Heavy Industries will specifically, transfer to Yamaha Motor Powered Products Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Kakegawa, Shizuoka, Japan, President: Osamu Ishioka, 100% subsidiary of Yamaha, hereafter “YMPC”) technology relating to three products, namely, EH65, EH72, and EH65V of the EH Series V-Twin Overhead Valve multi-purpose engine range, which are used in large generators and large lawn mowing machinery etc. . The acquisition of this technology will enable YMPC to sell the EH Series V-Twin Overhead Valve multi-purpose engines both within Japan and overseas.
That is direct from Yamaha so should be considered a credible source.

In other news, I've heard that Polaris has moved their engineering department to Montessori education centers.

:wink2:

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Which kit did you use?

DEWFPO
I bought all the parts from Yamaha Sports Plaza, based on a list that the guys on this forum provided. The new stator came from RM Stator.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
In other news, I've heard that Polaris has moved their engineering department to Montessori education centers.
I heard that, too... They were in talks with my daughter's kindergarten class not long ago. Too bad they went another direction... I really felt her class would get them straightened out.

Reactions: RedRocket
1 - 9 of 9 Posts