Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am strongly considering ITP Terracross tires.
I did hear today from a guy that claims the sidewalls are garbage and don't hold up well.

Anybody have some real world input on that comment?

The guy was a dealer and says he can get GBC, ITP, Maxxis, and Sedona tires. He seemed like he was kind of pushing Sedona and Maxxis a little IMO.

I'd like to hear some real rider input please. I ride varying trails, loose to hard pack, some are a little rocky/tree rooted, and I usually hit some mud (not the deep snorkel type).

Thanks!:happy:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I had them on a grizzly before and didn't like them. For snow they sucked, they would just dig down, in mud they did ok, not really good on hard packed terrain. Go with bighorn ops or its blackwater evos, they are a lot better.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
A few months after buying my grizzly I went to go buy some tires off of a pro GNCC racer named Scott Kilby. He has been sponsored by, and ran tires from most of the big name brand tire companies out there. He told me the best all around tire he has used is the GBC dirt Commander. Said it had the most traction out of all the tires he had ever ran, including the Terra cross and bighorn. He liked both of those tires, but still preffered the DC... He had those tires and more right there in his shop I could have bought... But I came home with the dirt commanders!! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few months after buying my grizzly I went to go buy some tires off of a pro GNCC racer named Scott Kilby. He has been sponsored by, and ran tires from most of the big name brand tire companies out there. He told me the best all around tire he has used is the GBC dirt Commander. Said it had the most traction out of all the tires he had ever ran, including the Terra cross and bighorn. He liked both of those tires, but still preffered the DC... He had those tires and more right there in his shop I could have bought... But I came home with the dirt commanders!! Hope this helps!
Thanks for the review YammerHammer! That one didn't come up in my search for some reason.

NCMUDMAN- The DC is another tire that is on my list for consideration. Actually it's right up there with the Terracross at the top of my list. I kind of like the sidewall tread of the ITP, but the Dirt Commander seems like it should be super durable being an 8 ply. I was going to go for them, but this video caused me to consider the other tire more heavily. I also found a written review on ATV Torture about the DC.

GBC Dirt Commander 8-Ply ATV Tires Review - ATV Torture Forums

If anyone has found a good DC review with video, send it my way please.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Lol ole Doug Meyer.... I personally didn't agree with all he said tho. I had no trouble with anything he claims. Of coarse, I think I tend to ride a bit harder than he does also! Lol

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I love my Terracross I'v put about 31,000 miles on them , first set 12,000 , 2nd set 15,000 I'm now running on my 3rd set with almost 4000 miles on them . In all that time only a few nails causing flats , they last along time I run lots of pavement . I will continue to run them .

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I don't know about the Terracross, but I did have Sedona ripsaws for awhile. Heavy, out of balance and lacking in most terrain IMO. They did wear good. They ran a little small too.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
The TerraCross are often compared to the GBC Grim Reapers that I have and am very happy with.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I would also consider pitbull growlers, they're comparable in all categories and have excellent reviews.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Where do you plan on ordering from?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where do you plan on ordering from?
I haven't made it that far yet. I've been on a few sites including amazon. Amazon has free shipping on many of the tires.

·
Registered
277 Posts
What's wrong with your mtc's, they seem like a bad ass tire. Also summit had the best deals I've seen lately and free shipping

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Nothing is wrong with the tires. I made another post some time back about these tires being a bit "grabby" on rocky, rooted areas. Maybe a little unpredictable for my level of ability. I've noticed it mostly climbing hills. Sometimes it grabs and hops kind of violently. Makes me a little leery at times.

So I was thinking about something different. The Terracross and Dirt Commanders interest me the most.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Out of several reviews I've saw and read about the new 900 rzr that comes with dirt commanders, people say its an upgrade from the bighorns they have ran on their rzrs for so long

·
Registered
17 Posts
I.have a set of terracross tires on my grizz,had them for a while and I love them I ride shallow mud,hardpack,rocky trails and there awsome plus there not as heavy as the bighorns and some of the other tires mentioned, renember that weight is a big factor with your bottom end power loss.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have terracross on my Grizz with well over 6000 miles on them, I am very pleased with them. When the time comes to replace them it will be another set of the same. No need to look at any thing else.

Rob

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have terracross on my Grizz with well over 6000 miles on them, I am very pleased with them. When the time comes to replace them it will be another set of the same. No need to look at any thing else.

Rob
Do you ride aggressively? Some of my trails are hilly with rocks and roots, and some light mud. Do they get grabby and hop around in the rough stuff?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
All my trails are rocks and roots super rough where I need a kidney belt to ride , Terracross are great . I don't find they hop at all they work great if you want to hall ass in the trails , they have been used and won many GNCC races .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts