Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Grizzly 700 SE Silver
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new 2020 Grizzly SE and the rear storage looks like something some 5 yr olds designed and put together! What would you want to store there? A rock or stick maybe? Not anything of value that is for sure. Is there anyway to fix the rear storage where it could actually be usable?

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
654 Posts
I often wondered that myself every time I looked at one. There's no rubber seal so it's not waterproof or dust proof. My old Honda Rubicon had the same setup but it had nice tight rubber seal to keep everything out.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
My rear storage locking lever broke on the trail the first month I owned my 19. Very poor quality indeed

·
Registered
2011 Grizzly 550, 2020 Grizzly 700 XT-R
578 Posts
It’s better than nothing. I put my water bottle in there and whatever else that can get wet. All my ‘11 grizzly has for storage is the thing on the fender. The ‘20 with the rear, fender, and gas tank storage is a Godsend compared to that.

·
Registered
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700
10 Posts
It’s better than nothing. I put my water bottle in there and whatever else that can get wet. All my ‘11 grizzly has for storage is the thing on the fender. The ‘20 with the rear, fender, and gas tank storage is a Godsend compared to that.
You don't have the little storage container/compartment under your seat between the rear wheels? My 08 has that, I can fit about 4 bottles of water in it, plus other small things

·
Registered
2011 Grizzly 550, 2020 Grizzly 700 XT-R
578 Posts
You don't have the little storage container/compartment under your seat between the rear wheels? My 08 has that, I can fit about 4 bottles of water in it, plus other small things
Oh yeah. I forgot all about that. I have all kinds of tire repair stuff in there. I haven’t thought about that in years.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I never had a problem with the rear storage compartment. Granted it's not waterproof but I do carry a tow strap and heavy nylon rope in there. 1750 miles and no issues.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
G
I never had a problem with the rear storage compartment. Granted it's not waterproof but I do carry a tow strap and heavy nylon rope in there. 1750 miles and no issues.
Good idea. I may carry a rope also In there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Oh yeah. I forgot all about that. I have all kinds of tire repair stuff in there. I haven’t thought about that in years.
Same here. Some stuff for the dirt bike too.
Under Seat Compartment
Steel wire coil 18ga.x20 ft.
Ratchet strap HD 1"x8 ft.
Spark plug
S.S. T.I.G. wire/filler .045x3 ft. (2)
Cloth duct tape 2"x2 ft.
JB Weld epoxy 24 hr.
JB Water Weld epoxy putty
Ace Bandage-support 2" wide
Tire Plugs (30) pack
Tire Patch Kit w/cement
Tire Plug Tool kit 2pcs.
Tire Valve Stems kit (2) pack
Tire Valve Core kit-tool (4) pack
---[Honda CRF250x Tool Kit (Green Bag)]---
Tire Spoons 8" (2)
Honda jet adjust tool
Comb-Wrenches 8,10,12,14 mm.
Screwdriver Flat
Honda dual spoke wrench
Honda spark plug tool-socket
CO2 Cartridge Air Pump+(2)cartridges
Tire patches small round

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
107 Posts
Since EVERYTHING has to be a conspiracy nowadays.... im going to blame it on collusion between yamaha and the aftermarket companies that sell atv storage solutions 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Since EVERYTHING has to be a conspiracy nowadays.... im going to blame it on collusion between yamaha and the aftermarket companies that sell atv storage solutions 🤷‍♀️
For sure. The Russians did it.

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
107 Posts
Its always the ruskies!

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly
375 Posts
a tow strap and a larger plastic baggie with some first aid items. I have a basket on the rear and that carries pretty much all kinds of misc stuff depending on what/where going.

·
Premium Member
11,436 Posts
Designers today probably don't ride, so don't know this compartment is damn near worthless to aggressive riders on tough trails. I guess in down-town tokyo they don't get much high water or have big speed bumps.
I had the rear seat box on from the start, bolted in place, and carry stuff in there as needed for the next ride. I learned stuff put in the under-seat storage moved around unless a rag was packed around say an extra quart of oil, and as the winch controller is in there I wanted nothing in there rubbing on the controller. At least on the 660 water doesn't get in there as long as the seat is above the water.

·
Registered
09 Grizzly 700 SE; 08 Grizzly 700; 04 Grizzly 125; 95 Magnum 425; 99 KX250
9 Posts
I just bought a brand new 2020 Grizzly SE and the rear storage looks like something some 5 yr olds designed and put together! What would you want to store there? A rock or stick maybe? Not anything of value that is for sure. Is there anyway to fix the rear storage where it could actually be usable?
Crush your empty beer cans and store them in there. You'd be surprised at how many it can hold 😁🍻🍻

1 - 19 of 19 Posts