Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get a warn provantage front mount plow for my 09 700. How does it bolt up, I made my own winch plate and it sounds like the the front mount bolts up around the winch plate or something. Do I have to have a specific plate? Or will my custom one still work?

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
If you made one custom plate, then you will be able to modify the another if need be. The only way to tell if you will need to modify your plate now is to install the plow.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts

By looking at these pics, the front mount goes under the winch plate and butts up to the vertical bars of the frame. In the bottom pic, the four easily visible holes use U-bolts around the frame to connect. The two inner tabs that hang down are meant to go just over the bottom front bumper frame connectors and then both are bolted into the frame. Then those two holes in the top of the front mount bar appear to connect to that single plate (top pic) with the smaller holes. Then the other two large holes, same plate, connect to the bolts in the frame.

I actually spent most of yesterday modifying a plow front mount for my 700 however the mount I bought was a Cycle Country. But after looking at the Warn front mount, the CC front mount is not very different. The reason for having to modify my front mount was because I have the aftermarket Yamaha HD front bumper. I had to make two cuts in the front mount bar and also drill 4 holes in my Warn winch plate. Not overly difficult, just took some time to make sure everything looked lined up correctly so I didn't ruin anything as the front mount bar was about $120.

I do have some pictures but since it is not specific to your Warn ProVantage question, will just start a different thread for those who are looking to add a front mount plow system with the Yamaha HD front bumper.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
RR,
Just to be sure, the warn front mount will not bolt up to the HD bumper without modification, right?

·
Grizzled
3,662 Posts
RR,
Just to be sure, the warn front mount will not bolt up to the HD bumper without modification, right?
I can't say for sure on the Warn. The problem with clearance regarding the HD front bumper is with the lower mounts on the HD front bumper. Those are a bit larger in diameter than the OEM front bumper... possibly the HD mounting tabs are also shorter and this causes the interference.

It is possible the Warn front mount may not need modification. The reason I say this is because the difference between Warn and Cycle Country is CC uses a fully enclosed horizontal rectangular tube whereas Warn uses a horizontal angle iron bar with the additional small diameter round horizontal bar welded in. If that Warn horizontal round bar sits high enough, there may not be any modification needed for the proper clearance. If that horizontal round bar does interfere with clearance, I do not see a way to modify that bar short of removing the bar and having it welded higher for the proper clearance.

Whatever the case, with the CC front mount, there was enough strength with that fully enclosed horizontal bar that it didn't matter I made two cuts to accommodate the clearance for the HD front bumper. I still had my OEM bumper but I was not interested in replacing the bumper after every plow season to prep for summer riding. Getting everything bolted back together was a PITA so I am glad I can just leave it as is, have my HD bumper with light bar AND be able to connect my plow and not have to bolt or unbolt anything.

·
Grizzled
3,662 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Grizzled
3,662 Posts
Here is a link for the install instructions that contains pictures. Not sure how they can claim no ground clearance is lost with the center mount.

http://www.realtruck.com/shared/pdf/manufacturers/162/73994a2.pdf

Decide for yourself but when I had my mid-mount plow, the ground clearance lost was a non-issue during plow season but the mount had to come off for summer riding.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Sorry I was talking about the front mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts