Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of you are not experts on CF Moto, but I was hoping someone here may be able to answer a question for me. I am also a member of a CF Moto forum, but no one there is an expert yet, due to them being so new here. I asked if anyone knew where I could get wet clutch stall springs for it. One member, who is a dealer in another country said that Yamaha and Kawasaki wet clutches are the same and that CF Moto uses clutches made by the same company, so they may interchange. I have seen a diagram of the CF Moto wet clutch and it looks exactly like the Grizzly 660 wet clutch. But, that's just a diagram. Does any one know if this is true, before I spend the money and take my clutch apart to find out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do not know what Yamaha uses, but Kawasaki uses a Team (based in MN) clutch in their SxS with the 700. CF Moto uses a CV Tech (based in Canada) clutch.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the secondary is CV-Tech. The primary is made by CF Moto. The wet clutch is not part of the CVT.

I talked to a mechanic at the dealer. He said CF Moto makes the wet clutch for Yamaha and Kawasaki. I checked the part numbers on a couple of web sites and they do not match. I don't know if that is just because they are for different vehicles or if they are really different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts