Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i purchased a winch at the beginning of sept mainly for lifting my plow and have noticed that it doesn't seem to hold the blade in position. my brother inlaw had purchased the same winch and is having the same problem.his is actually worse than mine for not holding the blade up.any ideas on what the problem could be and a solution would be greatly appreciated. they are the 3000 lb model.
i had one of your 2500lb winches on a previous atv and had no problems with it and am hoping that there is an easy fix for this one.

thanks

·
I Mucked up AGAIN?!?!
3,185 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cb028 @ January 27, 2009, 9:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hello i purchased a winch at the beginning of sept mainly for lifting my plow and have noticed that it doesn't seem to hold the blade in position. my brother inlaw had purchased the same winch and is having the same problem.his is actually worse than mine for not holding the blade up.any ideas on what the problem could be and a solution would be greatly appreciated. they are the 3000 lb model.
i had one of your 2500lb winches on a previous atv and had no problems with it and am hoping that there is an easy fix for this one.

thanks[/b]

I have three suggestions:

1. Assure that your free-spool knob on the end of the housing is not "half-way" between locked and free-spool.
2. Assure that your winch, winches from the bottom of the spool, not the top.
3. Contact Peter or Kent at Motoalliance.com. (be sure to call before 2pm)

Please come back in and update us as to what the problem was for both winches having this issue....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WildWest @ January 28, 2009, 7:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
having same problem with my warn right now ...[/b]

hey finally contacted motoalliance about my winch and they told me to check all of my connections and try hooking my winch on another spot on my plow to change the angle of the cable.they said if that doesn't do the trick then it could be the relay.i guess they don't actually have a mechanical brake and actually shortout in the contacter to hold the position of the winch was the way it was explained to me.
hope something helps you out with your warn.
i'll update once i get to try these other things and see if anything works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts