Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering which winch to buy fit my '15. Solo trail rider only so if I get stuck I need to free myself. No need for plow use.

1. Super ATV 3500 Black Ops
2. Superwinch Terra 3500
3. Viper 3000
4. KFI stealth 3500

Only considering these 4. Would like the locking feature, metal gearing, long term reliability, synthetic rope. $100 diff is irrelevant as this is 1 time install. Best place to buy Yamaha mounting plate? These all seem highly reviewed just would like a direct comparison from users before picking one, Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well, my superwinch Terra 2500 has been working great for two years now. Use it to plow.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've used and abused my viper since 2012. Wouldn't hesitate to buy another viper. I have no dealings with the others winches you mentioned. Your probably going to hear good and bad about them all.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Happy with SW Terra 35 on my RZR 900. A little more difficult to install though due to an inline series of metal, square "solenoids" or something that you have to wrap heavily in electrical tape to make sure no metal to metal contact (it will spark if not done properly). This wiring setup has no business on a winch this nice. Outside of this, very good winch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Only run viper elites on my bikes. Had super's at first but they were grinding after the first few uses. Figured the extra cost was worth it considering the walk back to look for help

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for the help, purchased and installed the viper 3500 max with synthetic rope. On to tires, bars, heated grips, and led bar!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI, viper 3500 max comes with snatch block, rubber stopper. With the mount installed on the frame, the winch cannot be mounted into it's 4 respective holes. It contacts the frame when pushing it back, and a mounting bolt head when moving it forward. I had to machine slots (fwd-rear) on the existing mounting pattern. This knowledge could have saved me significant time before several in and outs tries. Hindsight, I would have bought the 2500 or 3000 for a smaller envelope and utilized the snatch-block for 5000-6000 lb if 2500-3000 lb was not enough in future situations. I was drawn by $40 not being much more to get the 3500 over the 2500. Food for thought.

The viper winch and kit itself for the money, Viper 3500 Max with 50' black synthetic rope, snatch-block, remote, more than enough std wiring, great clarity of instruction, initial great overall quality including tons of extra hardware with various lengths, $240 shipped, GREAT deal. ~$40 for plate pur. separately. It works in my garage, long term performance tbd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts