Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 Grizzly 700 EPS, Camo.
Bought is used few years ago and it came with Supewinch LT on it. Rarely need the winch but has always worked until Saturday. It just started clicking when switch is prssed with nothing happening with the steel cable.
Read a lot of old posts here over the weekend....used jump cables directly form another battery and winch works fine. So, I assumed it must be contactor/solenoid the problem. Ordered this one new from Amazon it arrived today....

http://www.amazon.ca/KFI-Products-ATV-CONT-Replacement-Contactor/dp/B0027UPPK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519683338&sr=8-1&keywords=warn+62135

just put it on...same crap...clicking only, steel cable not moving....so not what?!?
Very much puzzled to say the least....

Original contactor says warn 62135 on it. The one I bought from amazon is third party replacement for it made by KFI. Looks the same with one exception....my old one has only skinny green and black wires. The new one also has thicker black wire coming out of where the green and black wires come out, going around the contactor and connecting to the black marked connector. Just as in the picture from the link above. Not sure why this black wire is there and how come it was not on my original contactor.

Would appreciate your collective advice as I am lost...spend lot of time freezing ,my but outside and making zero progress.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Hmmm, that sucks. I don't know if this any help but I''l chime in. I was having what seemed like the same problem with my '08, Warn winch. Did the jumper cable trick, figured it was the contactor. While doing some other work on the machine, I discovered that the connections were bad. Cleaned everything all up, works like a champ. But, seeing as how you have replaced stuff with new, I would assume that all your connections are now clean and tight.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
When my Warn was doing the same thing it was the rocker switch on the handlebar. I know it sounds weird but it was like it wasn't giving the contactor enough voltage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just spend another hour freezing in the garage. This thing is driving me crazy...about to solve it all with the sledge hummer....
There are just 3 components in the winch system ...winch itself is guaranteed good as was tested with jump cables directly from separate battery.
The contractor is brand new....so it better be working...
The handlebar switch better be working as well...as otherwise how does it make the contactor clicking ?!?!?

tested at the contactor with volt meter...shows +12V and -12V when pressing the handlebar switch IN or OUT...so I don't think it is a fuse ....all cabling is the same...

so what gives?!!?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts