Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Warn ATV Winch worth the money? I looking for a winch for my 2005 Yamaha Grizzly 600 and a friend mentioned it to me. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Warn is worth it to me. It's like buying insurance.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Make sure to order the mounting plate/kit also. Mine came with two sets of cables for the contactor/relay. I made ATV jumper cables from the unused long set of cables.

The install/assembly method I used made this an easy and reliable installation.

I mounted mine "contactor/relay" behind the winch as it is designed for this.
No issues so far at 9000+ miles.

When it does get submerged it's generally old coal mine-oil well runoff/discharge which is acidic.
When I did the install back in 2012, I was very particular about how the terminal boots seated/fit, and used no grease.
Also I never use a pressure washer.

Attached is a photo of the completed winch, relay, and mount assembly ready for installation into the front of my Grizzly.
I found it easier to run the battery cables/control wires first, leaving the zip ties loose, and installing the winch, relay, and mount assembly as a "unit".

After attaching the battery cables/control wires to this installed "unit", then tighten the zip ties.
This helps to insure the cables are not stressed and do not want to twist or rotate at the terminal boots later on while riding.
Attached Thumbnails

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah I am looking at a winch for my new to me bike as well as it didn't come with one. I am torn between the Warn and KPI both units have great reviews with the synthetic rope so I don't know what I am going to pull the trigger on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts