Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Yamaha decided NOT to sell the windshields for the 2016 Grizzly and Kodiak here in the USA.. Why , so more people would buy the LE model.
You lucky Canadians can choose from Blue , Green , Red , or Camouflage..
I called Yamaha USA last week and after 3 more phone calls , and MUCH persistence I talked to someone who was able to help..
45 min conversation included me pointing out many flaws with the decision to withhold the windshields from us..
I concluded with I would get a green windshield no matter what , whether they sold it to me , or I have a Canadian friend mail it to me. If they refused to sell me one , then when I got it I would show it to America on my youtube channel , and bad mouth Yamaha the whole time... Or they could sell them here in the USA , and I would Show it on my youtube channel and talk Yamaha up , as I have been..
I added , I had over 3 times more views of the 2016 Grizz than Yamaha USA has on thier Youtube channel.
They called me back today ,, WINDSHIELDS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE to Americans too now ! Expect them on thier website in 10 days or less !
Thank You Yamaha!
My dealer , who told me last week good luck with that ,, just laughed today...
:getrdone:

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
209 Posts
Maybe its just me but I prefer without. Nice work though!

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree ,, but two words , Ice Fishing !

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the SE and needed a windshield. I do a lot of late season hunting and ice fishing. It makes s huge difference. After I bought the SE I was really bummed that I could not get one for my wheeler yet. I'm contemplating buying one of the colored ones and getting it painted but not quite sure I want to go that route. I suppose the camo one wouldn't look horrible but I don't think that I want to do that. The SE looks really sharp and I hate to put something on it that doesn't look good.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol ice fishing only thing with ice when I go fishing anytime of year is in the cooler and that ain't even a guarantee lol.....
We dont need ice to keep the beer cold , Shit , we dont even need the fricken cooler !
Lol
Fact: In winter in Wisconsin , Beer doubles as Antifreeze for humans. ..

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Way to be persistent POHLHAMMER. It is crazy the variety of Grizzlies sold around the world from US, Canada, Sweden, Australia and on and on. Same goes for the Canadian Overfenders that cost us an arm and leg to get.
There's a steal of a deal on the bay right now for a Tamarack front box WITH windshield. I'm not a windshield guy, however I was contemplating how to make the box work, ha.
Post up pics when you get the green windshield, that will be a new one for me.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That's great they actually listen to there consumers!

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's great they actually listen to there consumers!
Seemed they did not have much a argument to debate on this one...
I think when I pointed out Can Am sold 3 different windshields ,, I may have hit a nerve..
Either way , yes it is nice to be heard , even if I am still shocked it needed to be said.
Thanks to Yamaha !

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think a quad looks goofy with a windshield but I was actually considering it for cold weather riding. I could def see an advantage.

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
How fast do you troll while ice fishing to need a windshield?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I think a quad looks goofy with a windshield but I was actually considering it for cold weather riding. I could def see an advantage.

I prefer / like not having it on until the weather turns cold , mine will be on fall and early spring as soon as things warm up its coming off . If I rode in a warm weather climate I'd never have a windshield .

Reactions: apalya

·
Registered
238 Posts
My wife gives me flak for not riding when its cold. I tell her i dont want to freeze. She says its not that bad. Then I say yeah easy for you to say...you are sitting behind me and not getting blasted by the cold air. lol.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I would not be riding today without it just too cold . Its 7c and when your cruising down the road non stop for 30 miles that wind is freezing .

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got one

Not the same as what Canada gets ...
But.... much taller , wider , see thru Everywhere vrs only in center. AWESOME QUICK DETACH feature , leaves only a sm bracket on either side of handlebars. Nice rubber mounts so, NO MORE SCRATCHING your paint off the handlebars .
I like , ,not sure on how it will hold up yet , as its aa tad flimsy....?

Attachments

Reactions: Hammerhead
1 - 20 of 27 Posts