Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My harness burnt up because the previous owner also had an issue with a burnt ground. My questions are;
does anyone have an actual schematic of a 1999 big bear 350 fw harness?
Have a harness forsale from a1997 1998 or 1999?
Or
Will a 5FE-82590-10-00 (yfm350fw harness) interchange with a 3GD-82590-40-00 (warrior harness)

·
Grizzled
3,433 Posts
No, not that as this forum is filled with great members making up a great community. The problem is you have a very unique and specific question where there is limited knowledge and popularity on the quads you’re asking about. Be patient as someone may end up being able to answer but it will take the right forum member, who may not be on here much.

I would suggest bumping this thread every couple days. Also, assuming you have been scouring eBay and other Yamaha parting-out vendors already? Do you have the same question posted on the Grizzly Facebook group and reddit ATV?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I dont use Facebook or any other social media. I understand there are great members just tryin to stir the pot a bit I guess. I've been looking for months now at no avail. My manuals schematic doesnt match the harness.

·
Grizzled
3,433 Posts
I fully agree with you on Facebook, I despise the place and go on there as little as possible. Reddit is more a huge assortment of forums and the ATV forum has a lot of people who seem to know/have older quads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hah, I replaced facebook with reddit then replaced reddit with an rss reader. I appreciate the look out for the quickest place to find the answer, thanks. I realized this may have been a loss when I saw some of the last posts were from 2018. I've deluded myself into thinking someone has nos harness' laying around and they'd being on here haha.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe your harness could be repaired. I make new CDIs and probably have all the connectors. Likely the same price or more than a new one though, unless they are not available. Part number is often on harness with a white tag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im sure it could be rebuilt I just dont have a correct schematic for it. I purchased another cdi thinking it burnt also but this hasnt helped.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Since you have the old harness just take it apart and repair it or has it been butchered like many people do?
I have the schematic for a FWT.

·
Premium Member
9,493 Posts
Not a very friendly community on the forums I guess. Good morning bump.
Welcome from Colorado.
Sorry that on a week day during an emergency lock down you didn't get a reply to your questions on a 20+ year old machine within 24 hours.
With 30,000+ members registered over the years, members open a thread to see the questions then help when they have a thought or experience related to the questions presented, and with no experience move on to the next thread.
Its very easy to cross reference the part numbers on an o.e.m. parts sales sites for different models and years, I just replied to another thread with this info.
And a f.s.m. can be had for cheap online, that info is in another thread too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually repaired it well at first then over Xmas all the family was here and I look ot apart to show the mechanics of the family what I repaired then I was told oh this is wrong. Now I can't even get the starter to kick. Before it was just no spark but everything else was fine. Now I dont know whats been done. Honestly im aboit done with the mess that was left after the holidays but my wife thinks its worth fixing. It was running fine until it wasnt then my father inlaw smelled cooking wires when he tryied to start it once after giving it a bath. Then i dissected it and found the previous owner had a melting ground issue once because the grounds were consolidated through the harness.

·
Premium Member
9,493 Posts
It wouldn't take much to make another wiring harness, mostly just a p.i.t.a. with the layout.
Have the wife help so she understands what is going on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts