Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling for a friend of mine. Taken off of a 2008 grizzly 700. I talked to both works and yamaha and it sounds like these will fit years 07 -15. These are in good shape but have some rub marks on the external resiviours. $800 shipped to conus obo

Premium Member
馃え

Registered
Selling for a friend of mine. Taken off of a 2008 grizzly 700. I talked to both works and yamaha and it sounds like these will fit years 07 -15. These are in good shape but have some rub marks on the external resiviours. $800 shipped to conus obo
14-15 grizzlys have longer control arms and shocks and are not interchangeable with the earlier 07 to 13 grizzlys

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yamaha told me the shock part number changed in 2016 but I'm not gonna argue with ya because that's all I know.

Registered
Yamaha told me the shock part number changed in 2016 but I'm not gonna argue with ya because that's all I know.
Do what you wish. I shared this information for your benefit. Good luck with your sale

Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
Reactions: reogem

Premium Member
Sometimes Yamaha changes part # for the same reason a dog licks its rear.
The length is the most important information. The part # change could mean they are using a different spring. Some models have a standard spring, some have a progressive spring both on the same shock body.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My buddy says all he wants is $500 for the shocks so 500 net to him. Buyer pays shipping and any PayPal fees.

Premium Member
May have more interest if you post some pic's and more info. Works makes many shocks.
This is a Works product sheet from 08

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll take some pics and ask him the specs. He told me they were the top of the line at the time.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is my buddy's response

They are the piggyback black widows best ones you could get for my wheeler and I had them on my 08 grizzly. I bought them from works they built them for me. I have almost 3k in those shocks back then.

Premium Member
This is my buddy's response

They are the piggyback black widows best ones you could get for my wheeler and I had them on my 08 grizzly. I bought them from works they built them for me. I have almost 3k in those shocks back then.
How much does he weigh? What type of riding? Approximate miles? All of this could help you sell them.
Most Grizzly guys have Elka stuck in their heads and have never heard of Works Performance shock.
500 plus shipping is a great deal.

Registered
I agree with @reogem. I have two machines that they could go on but wouldn't consider them without a lot more details. A 2008 Griz could have 20k miles on it with these shocks. Pictures always help too.

Reactions: reogem
1 - 13 of 13 Posts