Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Can you believe this??! Someone is scared!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
No doubt the rzr 1000 is a legitimate machine but I think there might be just a little bias going on there..... Probably each guest was handed a $20 as they said they wouldn't buy a yamaha. And I don't want them to have it anyway the yxz is too good for them.... those lazy pieces of SHIFT!

·
Registered
277 Posts
They must be the type of people that would buy an automatic mustang or corvette.... Also seems like there was a lot of people there and they interviewed the same 5 that had nothing good to say about it. Mudman you aggravate me. Thanks for posting, now go find some videos of Polaris's breaking down and them up here...and if you make it a compilation, it will be the most viewed thread on grizz central.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That is a sweet a video! It did a grind!

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
That's just business. Nothing more.

Maybe the Polaris does have the better performance of the 2 in these conditions. But what they do not talk about is long term reliability and servicing. I had 4 Polaris machines in the past, so I have lots of experience with them. Also got 3 riding friends with XP1000's.
In the area of long term reliability, serviceability and resale value, the Polaris just can't compete

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Better fit & finish on a polaris? C'mon now

·
Registered
410 Posts
yes, I heard that too...and laughed a little.
Popo doesnt even compare. Yamaha fit and finish is top notch. Polaris fit and finish is about the worst in the business.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
They have their ups and downs. If someone doesnt like the idea of shifting, they obviously will hold it against the yxz and badmouth it. Got the opportunity to check out the YXZ 60th anniversary a couple weeks ago at a local dealer, its a sharp machine! Would i like to own one? HELL YEA! Not sure how it'll do on my trails though, wide at 64". Ive also read about alot of clutch problems, people smoking them and blowing them up. Apparently 1st gear is a little too high? I know Alba racing is working on a clutch upgrade. Id love the opportunity to rip around in one though. Price isnt that bad though for what you get too, really competitive.

12038212_10207039969270164_5040545535492375037_n by Nick Wierzbicki, on Flickr

12039633_10207039969990182_2519359192646219488_n by Nick Wierzbicki, on Flickr

12122757_10207039970390192_5838378057662357158_n by Nick Wierzbicki, on Flickr

12187704_10207039969710175_8663665225464446635_n by Nick Wierzbicki, on Flickr

12038012_10207039970590197_7665256169287431503_n by Nick Wierzbicki, on Flickr

12065886_10207039970870204_6286048751439878795_n by Nick Wierzbicki, on Flickr

As far as fit and finish? Everything is very solid on the YXZ. Very well put together. I also really like the fact that they made all of the suspension joints greaseable, something all yamahas lacked before. As far as the ride? On factory shocks, of course it is. You have to adjust them. One of the first things i did when i got my Renegade with fully adjustable Fox podiums like the YXZ has, have to spend a day to dial them in.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
All I heard was blah blah blah... blah blah blah...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
There's bound to be a few bugs to work out on those YXZ's after all its there first year . My area trails don't suit them so I have zero interest , but that beast is legal on my roads I'd get some looks pulling into Tim Hortons :)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Good point on the shocks. I'm sure they cranked the hell out of them for their "comparison". So the yxz just came out and it has clutch problems. So how long have the big rzr's been smoking belts for? The clutch will get fixed I'm sure. They made it sound like the guys they interviewed are hardcore, they didn't look like it to me. I'm sure the rzr turbo is a blast too, but at a cost.

1 Posts
I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination.... but I have many years of real world trail experience. Popos are pieces of shit. Yeah.... they can haul ass. But good luck getting that hunk of junk to last. I have met only one person happy with his Popos and his shit's brand new so he doesn't even count.

IMO you can't go wrong with either a Honda or a yamaha. I've had both and between them it comes down to u joint versus belt and what your preference is. And how you ride. I can argue all day long a belt isn't as strong as a u joint... but I can tell you I've been through several busted and bent u joints under stress yet I only just smoked one belt last month... a 6 year old belt that had sat for 5 months and I put the bike right in the shit and hammered it rather than warm the belt up and let it stretch.

EDIT: NO SEXUAL REFERENCES

The Hondas were good to me but they did have their issues; I've had absolutely zero problems with the yamaha. To me, that speaks for itself and it's why when I got a new bike I went with another yamaha. It's HOT on the throttle, plenty of performance, and doesn't look half bad either.

Polaris and can am won't be taking my money. You couldn't give me a polaris.

Well.... you could but I'd set it on fire and roast marshamallows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And to compare their turbo to a NA powered YXZ, isn't a valid comparison either... That's apples to oranges. Either compare it to the NA XP1K, or slap a turbo in the YXZ. Videos are surfacing of units with turbos, and it's amazing how what the put out on such low boost! This video is causing quite a stir in the UTV world!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
If you can't beat them.....bash them

·
Registered
183 Posts
i liked how that one guy said "you can feel the engine heat on that center consul" and how it was making his leg hot... he must have been driving only in reverse or something seeings how the engine and exhaust are behind the cab seats... HA

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
i liked how that one guy said "you can feel the engine heat on that center consul" and how it was making his leg hot... he must have been driving only in reverse or something seeings how the engine and exhaust are behind the cab seats... HA
I can't believe I never caught on to that. That right there proves to me every person in that video was paid to say those things and takes all of the little credibility that video had.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts