Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the all around dimensions on the Yamaha rear cargo box from anyone that may have one. I do realize they are made for the 2016 and up but I would like to see if there is any way I can mount it to my 2015 ? I'm thinking it may be to wide for the 15's or has anybody already tried this if so any luck?? I'll also take front box dimensions if someone has one. I've called many dealers in my area and nobody has one in stock that I can set it on mine to check it out. This is the box I'm looking at!!! :rocker:

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually have that same box on my machine now, I like it but I was looking for something a little bit lower profile. Thanks I appreciated the feedback!!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I have the seat storage combo on my Grizz, fits and looks good, can carry a fair amount of extra's with this seat you can really pack alot in there, plus when you stop to have a chat with your buddies you can lay back on a comfy seat and relax, some come with a built in spot to carry a fuel jug which is nice option also, I like mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the Yamaha box on my 2016 kodiak. Overall dimensions are roughly:
43” wide
13” deep - plus 4 1/2” for cup holders
11” tall (including part that fits into racks)

It’s made to fit into the racks on a 16 very well. Roughly measuring on my 14 looks like it would be wider and deeper than existing rack. You’d have to get creative on mounting it since the box is designed to mount on 16 racks and uses rear bolts of bumper.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
43” wide

It’s made to fit into the racks on a 16 very well. Roughly measuring on my 14 looks like it would be wider and deeper than existing rack. You’d have to get creative on mounting it since the box is designed to mount on 16 racks and uses rear bolts of bumper.

Hope this helps.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. Thank you and yes I will have to get a little creative and it just may be to big but I'll see what I come up with!!!! Thanks again. :rocker:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Both of my boxes can off 660's and their rack is a little bigger than an 2008 and 2015. I had to cut off the little u shaped brace on the back rack that sticks up. So the box actually hangs over the back of the rack by a couple inches.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
This might be hijacking the thread. But has anyone tried to bolt on a rear rack off a 2016+ grizzly on a 2015 or earlier? In 2016 they beefed up the racks substantially over previous years. Just wondering if anyone had swapped racks off a newer machine and put them on an older grizz? Is it possible without serious fab work?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This might be hijacking the thread. But has anyone tried to bolt on a rear rack off a 2016+ grizzly on a 2015 or earlier? In 2016 they beefed up the racks substantially over previous years. Just wondering if anyone had swapped racks off a newer machine and put them on an older grizz? Is it possible without serious fab work?
That's a good question I would like to know that myself. I definitely like the racks on the 16 and up much better than the 15 and older!! Hey " MAVERICK " if your rack will fit on my machine the next ride we go on if you wake up and your rack is missing don't come looking for me!!!!!!!!!>:) :rocker:

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Check out the Tamarack Front box and mount it on the rear, good for a day ride. I haven't seen the beefier racks, however I'd be more concerned about the support braces if you go too heavy. I'll confess that every freakin' bolt on my rear rack sheared. Thank goodness WVMTWins and Reo were along for the ride. A few ratchet straps and slower riding helped us make it back to camp. Also check out the cheaper Apache boxes that Harbor Freight sell. Not sure what it would take to drill out the handles and such, however they look exactly like the Pelican boxes and if you destroy it while modifying it, you'd only be out a few miles, ha.
As for stealin', that ain't allowed around here amongst friends or even strangers for that matter...pedal faster and catch up on the 10.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,505 Posts
That box on wvmtwins rig is big! Big enough to fit one of the wvmtwins in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
43” wide

Hope this helps.

Will a helmet fix inside this box?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts