Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to site , having problems with my quad for a while now intermittent running problems , sometimes won't start at all . Poor power with jabbing throttle hard and popping and banging . Stalling on slow pace sometimes worse than others . Also not throwing any codes up at all . Any body had these problems before and have any cures???

·
Premium Member
2007 grizz 660 camo sold 2019 honda passport 2001 breeze 125
3,565 Posts
When was the last plug change valve adjustment done ? Fuel?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi all new to site , having problems with my quad for a while now intermittent running problems , sometimes won't start at all . Poor power with jabbing throttle hard and popping and banging . Stalling on slow pace sometimes worse than others . Also not throwing any codes up at all . Any body had these problems before and have any cures???
As maine said in his comment or you're lean or water in fuel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As maine said in his comment or you're lean or water in fuel.
Thanks for reply , plug changed 10h ago and also replaced the coil at same time thinking that was the problem. Full drained and fresh in last week . Not check valve clearance as of Yet as if feel fuel related bought the bike with this problem been doing it for 70h + sometimes bike runs fine until half throughout a ride its starts again it can do it until warm but now it's constantly when under load , the machine is snorkeled but has run for 100h before like it no problem for previous owner . Its a 708cc model if that makes any differences too

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for reply , plug changed 10h ago and also replaced the coil at same time thinking that was the problem. Full drained and fresh in last week . Not check valve clearance as of Yet as if feel fuel related bought the bike with this problem been doing it for 70h + sometimes bike runs fine until half throughout a ride its starts again it can do it until warm but now it's constantly when under load , the machine is snorkeled but has run for 100h before like it no problem for previous owner . Its a 708cc model if that makes any differences too
How did the plug look? Was it white? Maybe fuel filter or venting?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Checked the plug Wasnt white , was more light brown ish colour . I was thinking it could be fuel filter or fuel pressure sensor . You can here the pump ever time but could it fail under pressure??? Thanks again for replys
[/QU
Brown /tan is good.Perhaps but usually it's a sign it is working until it gets really loud. Try leaving gas cap sort of loose ,not enough to spill but to vent just to elinimate,not saying that's it but I have had mowers with bad caps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tryes releasing the cap a few times when it's cut out on the trail no difference but what I have seen is if it does start back up its like the idle cold starts sometimes even when the quad is definitely warm . Is dosnt have power to pull its self uphill under load or full throttle on trail it will bog and I can tickle it home and it will work if come to a stop or try reverse it will cut out again then like I say sometime will go again sometimes not. The next day it will fire straight up like no problem then do it all again

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tryes releasing the cap a few times when it's cut out on the trail no difference but what I have seen is if it does start back up its like the idle cold starts sometimes even when the quad is definitely warm . Is dosnt have power to pull its self uphill under load or full throttle on trail it will bog and I can tickle it home and it will work if come to a stop or try reverse it will cut out again then like I say sometime will go again sometimes not. The next day it will fire straight up like no problem then do it all again
Rev limiter maybe ? Perhaps someone else will have a suggestion. Best of luck

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Sounds like a fuel problem, could be wrong, sticking injector or fuel sock in tank is clogged with dirt, if it had snorkels on it when you bought it the the owner may have baptized it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds like a fuel problem, could be wrong, sticking injector or fuel sock in tank is clogged with dirt, if it had snorkels on it when you bought it the the owner may have baptized it.
I was thinking all these . Does anyone have a link to someone doing a grizzly injector clean proper or is best to replace or get a professional to clean it cheers again for the reply got somewhere to look now. Got a mud fest even in 2 weeks time running out for a fix . Maybe I won't be taking my rig but fingers crossed 🤞

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Just looked up the tank/pump assembly, it did not show a fuel sock, I thought for sure they had one or some sort of a screen to filter clean fuel into the pump.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry but I’m sure it’s been checked already but we have checked the intake book and intake to finger box for any leaks or disconnected vacuum lines or anything?? Could be pulling air from somewhere.
Old trick spray the area with bike running with something see if surges or sputters even with like brake cleaner or something. Silly I know but has been effective in the past. Air leaking would send ecu all over the place.

Good luck either way and keep us posted!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts