1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
477 Posts
So if i'm reading this right they want more warning stickers for roll over, and now a roll bar be part of your atv.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep pretty much that's how i see it too' more fluff n bubbles n cotton wool to wrap us in' i'm so over all this "we're here to protect everyone attitude" I wish the Govt would just stay outta our lives :frown2:

And I'll bet my bottom $ that this would include Can Am Suzuki Honda ect but have yet to here anything from their side as yet.

In saying that i can see this increasing the price of a quad bike substantially in Aust, with the R n D & engineering going into to develope a "special" market down under for these new designer bikes, don't get me wrong i'm all for safety and everything but the rider also needs to take responsibllity for their own actions and Govt bodies need to stop drowning us under more n more legislation....and cotton wool.

The next 12 to 24 months are going to be interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Honda has released the same notification that they will pull out of Australia passes those laws.

Section 15 of the proposed legislation:

15 -General use quad bikes–operator protection devices
A general use quad bike must have one of the following devices fitted, or integrated into its design:
(a)an ATV Lifeguard, in the model manufactured by Ag-Tech Industries Ltd. (New Zealand) and available for supply when this instrument commences;
(b)a Quadbar, in the model manufactured by QB Industries PtyLtd. and available for supply when this instrument commences;
(c)a device of a type that offers the same, or better, level of protection for operators from the risk of serious injury, or death, as a result of being crushed or pinned in the event of a rollover, as is offered by a device of a type mentioned in paragraph(a) or (b).

The ATV Lifeguard:

The QuadBar:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
In every part of the world. The thumb sucking, lace panty wearing effeminate so called males of the human species and the afraid of everything women, living in their perfect little subdivision, are completely brainwashed by the half wit communist media, that are in turn brainwashed by the slime ball politicians. The "men" don't know how to do anything. They would'nt know how to loosen a nut if they even owned a wrench. They can't fix anything. They don't know anything about anything. Maybe they know how to program their phone. Wow, awesome.
They all keep voting in these lying, low life bags of excrement to make their little, boring lives even more "safe". The human species is doomed. The only thing these fools know is what some twit with nice hair and nice teeth reads to them on the evening news, which more and more has nothing to do with truth or reality. I used to think I'd like to come to Australia someday, but with the extreme left wing communist's controlling the place, I guess I will pass. Sorry Digga, would have liked to meet up someday.

·
Registered
857 Posts
People that work for the state are always too confident in their ignorance and government solutions are almost universally worse than the problem.

A close friend of mine, who now works in the Parliament of Victoria in Melbourne, was telling me how dangerous semi-autos were and that no one should have them. I let her know that on her last trip to Canada every single round she fired was out of a SA. “Oh, hmmm...well I guess they’re not that bad then”

·
Registered
226 Posts
In every part of the world. The thumb sucking, lace panty wearing effeminate so called males of the human species and the afraid of everything women, living in their perfect little subdivision, are completely brainwashed by the half wit communist media, that are in turn brainwashed by the slime ball politicians. The "men" don't know how to do anything. They would'nt know how to loosen a nut if they even owned a wrench. They can't fix anything. They don't know anything about anything. Maybe they know how to program their phone. Wow, awesome.
They all keep voting in these lying, low life bags of excrement to make their little, boring lives even more "safe". The human species is doomed. The only thing these fools know is what some twit with nice hair and nice teeth reads to them on the evening news, which more and more has nothing to do with truth or reality. I used to think I'd like to come to Australia someday, but with the extreme left wing communist's controlling the place, I guess I will pass. Sorry Digga, would have liked to meet up someday.
You have described the American Liberal Utopia perfectly.

:crying:​

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not sure if it will migrate to north America, if this becomes law down under then their government has to prove that with this new roll bar it saves lives and not become a another bigger problem, this usually takes several years of testing and working with Atv OEM's to design such a roll bar, on a other note... a buddy of mine and his wife recently had a roll over on their new Polaris 900 SXS, the factory roll bars collapsed and they both had their arms broke because of the roll bar failure, the factory roll bar from Polaris could not support their SXS, this was a easy light roll.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL yea trying to see the funny side to this' and speaking to a couple of mates and we came to the conclusion that our bike's will now become a "classic" and be worth a fortune and anyone who ends up with one of these new "improved" models can simply cut the bloody thing off if ya don't like it :-D what are they (the Govt) gonna do.......meh fair enough i thought. LOL

·
Registered
527 Posts
That is probably the most accurate comment I have read all year.

·
Registered
313 Posts

so how do you really feel ????…… need more like you here in Colorado :)

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
I was just thinking take it off if you don't want it just like anything else that comes stock

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was just thinking take it off if you don't want it just like anything else that comes stock
That would work only in the short term, until they make a follow up rule that it is a MANDATORY safety device, and ILLEGAL to remove. (Very much like infrared sensors on a garage door operator. Or those stupid safety gas cans that will not pour gas at more than a trickle, while standing in traffic at 5°F.)
There has even been talk of "safety interlocks" that would prevent your car from starting if the seat belt is not worn. (It already requires your foot on the brake).
Personally, I'm sick of people mandating my safety. I'm a grown 'assed man, and I didn't get that way by being wrapped in bubble wrap.
(And if I EVER catch that bastage that invented the toilet paper roll that doesn't turn, or the coin operated stall door, that man is getting his butt kicked!) 😉

(That's just mean)

·
Registered
527 Posts
That would work only in the short term, until they make a follow up rule that it is a MANDATORY safety device, and ILLEGAL to remove. (Very much like infrared sensors on a garage door operator. Or those stupid safety gas cans that will not pour gas at more than a trickle, while standing in traffic at 5°F.)
There has even been talk of "safety interlocks" that would prevent your car from starting if the seat belt is not worn. (It already requires your foot on the brake).
Personally, I'm sick of people mandating my safety. I'm a grown 'assed man, and I didn't get that way by being wrapped in bubble wrap.
(And if I EVER catch that bastage that invented the toilet paper roll that doesn't turn, or the coin operated stall door, that man is getting his butt kicked!) 😉

(That's just mean)
At some point that government is going to determine that living is just too dangerous.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would have to say it is the insurance companies that are pressuring Governments to legislate mandatory roll over protection on atv's, insurance companies are dictating what you are allowed to do just about on everything, members of Governments do not want to be held accountable for anything and neither does Yamaha or Honda adding roll over device on their products, do this would be saying their products are unsafe to operate without this roll over protection, that's why they may pull out, with proper care, taking your time, common sense abit of training and read the warning labels on the Atv you should be able to keep out of trouble, but not everybody does this, so now we all pay for the idiots and drunken fools running around out on the trails.

·
Registered
132 Posts

If only it was so simple, I personally would be with you on this but that’s not going to be the problem, if Yamaha & Honda do what they say then we won’t even be able to buy these quads anymore, Yamaha and Honda have done their own trials with these so called safety devices and found that they can cause accidents and injuries even though the ATV is being driven correctly so cause more problems than they solve and make their ATV's less usable, and this is what will happen because if they sell their ATV's with these devices on them and they actually cause injuries then the manufacturer is liable, in a nutshell if a manufacturer sells a machine that if driven correctly and is known to cause accident / injury they are liable so if this act of parliament is passed it will be the end of the ATV as we know it

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
If only it was so simple, I personally would be with you on this but that’s not going to be the problem, if Yamaha & Honda do what they say then we won’t even be able to buy these quads anymore, Yamaha and Honda have done their own trials with these so called safety devices and found that they can cause accidents and injuries even though the ATV is being driven correctly so cause more problems than they solve and make their ATV's less usable, and this is what will happen because if they sell their ATV's with these devices on them and they actually cause injuries then the manufacturer is liable, in a nutshell if a manufacturer sells a machine that if driven correctly and is known to cause accident / injury they are liable so if this act of parliament is passed it will be the end of the ATV as we know it
Dang I guess if they have it their way we all be riding around in a Polaris Ace! I rode behind one last weekend on some technical trails and would not recommend it to my enemy.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts

(That's just mean)
Just done the gas can mod that turns it back to an old school can with the breather hole you pop open to pore the gas out and by-passed the sensors on the garage door to fight the man LOL.. But yeah the laws to protect us from common sense is scary

1 - 20 of 27 Posts