Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am looking for a trailer to tow with my Grizzly('16)to use around my property to tow wood, mulch, branches, dirt, etc. Was hoping I could get some opinions/thoughts on what people are using and what they like/dislike about their trailer. I don't need a lot of towing capacity and would prefer something that is decent as far as quality. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
99 Posts

Found this at an estate sale years ago and currently pull it with my zero-turn mower. Need to make an attachment so I can pull it behind the Grizzly. I really like the size and I have moved a lot of stuff with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Hi everyone. I am looking for a trailer to tow with my Grizzly('16)to use around my property to tow wood, mulch, branches, dirt, etc. Was hoping I could get some opinions/thoughts on what people are using and what they like/dislike about their trailer. I don't need a lot of towing capacity and would prefer something that is decent as far as quality. Thanks in advance!!
@Mattyp, I got the Cabela's XT1500 atv trailer. It's pretty decent, they have them on sale fairly often for just over $300. I like it because the track width is the same as my Grizz, it has as much ground clearance and has good size 16" tires. It follows me all through my rocky, stumpy woods trails without a problem. My only complaint is that I had to grind the pin hitch tabs off the tongue so I could properly mount the ball hitch coupler. The tongue is pre-drilled for a standard ball hitch coupler, but the pin hitch tabs are in the way.
A much heavier duty unit is sold exclusively at Northern Tool, their own Bannon brand. There are a couple of models there from about $500 to $700. There are many much lighter duty options, but most are still in the $300+ range. I could have built my own, but I spend too much time at work as it is and I just didn't feel like it!

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly
352 Posts
I have an old Sears trailer rated at 750 lbs that is used hard, had to replace the tongue after twisting on off camber with a sleeve of 1/4 " steel and welded a 2" hitch on. Been welded, painted, tires, bent to heck. Still works after 20 years but if had to replace it, figured about $300.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
@Mattyp, if you are only hauling stuff around the yard, driveway, lawn area then most any of the less expensive trailers made to tow behind a lawn tractor would work fine. There are also some pretty heavy duty wagons that have a dual purpose handle on them for towing by hand or a machine, but the front axle pivots for hand steering, so pretty hard to backup with a machine unless you can lock the front axle for machine towing.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
I have hauled 11 bags of cement with this thing many times.

Attachments

Reactions: it400

·
Registered
900 Posts
I use an Otter trailer, heavy duty and dumps. I can't find a great picture, but it's hauling all this brush in this one.

Attachments

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
I use an Otter trailer, heavy duty and dumps. I can't find a great picture, but it's hauling all this brush in this one.
Guess we'll just have to take your word for it that there's a trailer being used in that pic :wink2:

Reactions: Gigaquad and MORSNO

·
Premium Member
639 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Must of did something wrong, can't seem to load picture's sorry

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Try this again

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have the same Ohio Steel that @JCat has. I purchased it from Tractor Supply. It’s a great little trailer and is a swivel dump.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I give up,

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Guess we'll just have to take your word for it that there's a trailer being used in that pic :wink2:

It's under there, I promise! LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Thanks, there is something wrong with my security setting not allowing me putting pictures up in my site, I sent the moderator a message hopefully they will fix me up.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Not too expensive, this dump trailer works great! Ohio Steel Professional Grade Poly Swivel Dump Cart

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Your trailer is fine though a bit small. I use an older wheel horse lawn trailer. I pull it a half mile to the woods, then really load it up with nearly a half face cord of wood then back home I go. You can get these at auctions about $50 or less. A sturdy build lawn trailer can haul an enormous amount of weight. My wheel horse trailer is from the 70's or 80's and probably built heavier than the cheaper ones you can buy now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another vote for the Ohio Steel cart. Mine is older and a little different than the previous posts but it is a great cart. I've hauled rock, wood, trash cans, built some sides for it to hold more leaves in the fall.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts