Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I read, the more this thing blows my mind. It's something we yamaha enthusiasts have been waiting for, and yamaha delivers, making rzr s and mavericks basically obselete.

Best quote from guy who rode in it:
"Out on the track, the Yamaha YXZ1000R stunned many of the dealers and press that was in attendance. After my ride in the machine, the only word that kept ringing in my head was "Immediate." As many of my readers are probably very versed in the specs, I will save my words for the explanation of what it feels like. The drive line is not hampered with belt drives, and in place of that is metal linkage and a foot actuated clutch. How this translates the power from the triple cylinder engine is something that I have never felt in a UTV before. Where the power in other models is very gradual and smooth, the power headed out to the wheels gets there with the efficiency of metal. The pro driver at the helm dropped the clutch and all of the power went to the wheels savagely and without delay. It was special."

Here is what can am maverick forum is saying:
Yamaha finally quotes hp

Here is 140 pages of further discussion on can am and lots of love for it:
New Yamaha in Sept

Here is 150 pages talking about it on RZR forum, 90% are jumping ship:
Is Yamaha back in the game? - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net

YAMAHA! For me it's respect that Yamaha reputation deserves to keep. This is proof they keep their mouth shut, don't put out little gimmicks yearly, but watch an industry, what riders wants across the board, then deliver in a huge way. This thing STOCK keeps people who bought a popo yesterday and put 10k in mods to it, up at night.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,532 Posts
Awesome! Go Yamaha!!

Sent from my Grizzly Central mobile communication device.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Everybody slams yamaha for not coming out with new stuff. yet they have the best on the markent IMO. The same stuff they're saying in the snowmobile world. I am brand loyal to yamaha, as their stuff works and is reliable and I don't want to keep working on my toys. My yamaha apex has almost 20k completely trouble free miles. Try doing that with a ski doo or polaris. I hear here how they need a more powerful ATV. Why is that? Do you really want and 80-100 hp ATV when negotiating boulders and tight woods? I don't cuz that will get you in trouble real quick unless you have great throttle control.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Everybody slams yamaha for not coming out with new stuff. yet they have the best on the markent IMO. The same stuff they're saying in the snowmobile world. I am brand loyal to yamaha, as their stuff works and is reliable and I don't want to keep working on my toys. My yamaha apex has almost 20k completely trouble free miles. Try doing that with a ski doo or polaris. I hear here how they need a more powerful ATV. Why is that? Do you really want and 80-100 hp ATV when negotiating boulders and tight woods? I don't cuz that will get you in trouble real quick unless you have great throttle control.

You can do 20k , 30k , 40k easy on a 4 stroke ski-doo like the 600 or 900 ace or 1200 . I'm sitting at 13k on my 1200 love it would never go Yamaha when it comes to sleds but will always go Yamaha quads .

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have been reading the same thing on the RZR and Commander forums and all the guys that drank the cool aid for years are back tracking fast!!!

The die hard Polaris cool aid drinkers are now venting about all the RZR quality problems they would not dare mention before. Its horrifying. You want to see panties in a ruffle go to the RZR forum it hysterical!

I think we all witnessed history here. Polaris better enjoy the next few months because that all they have left of being on the SxS throne.

I'm guessing that Yamaha patent protects them from anybody copying the design??

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Yep I've kept up with a few of the other websites. This thing is truly the most talked about SxS yet!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts