Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly eps covert green se, 2019 WR250r PW50 that’s it for yammies
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Nice, I wanted to know if they fitted the stock yamaha bumper.

How are these flares attacked? Do you have to drill new holes? I am not sure about the added width.

But seeing the pictures in here and how effective they seem, I'm going to order them.
You have to drill new holes in the plastic. They keep the mud down decently

·
Registered
17 Posts

How are these flares attached? Do you have to drill new holes? I am not sure about the added width and if I will always keep them on.

But seeing the pictures in here and how effective they seem, I'm going to order them.
They are bolted on but only small holes and they were put on at dealer but I like to stay as dry as possible these days and do actually like the look.. I’m thinking about putting on the stock front bumper as I’m not sure if I like the look very much

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
65 Posts
The look is better in real life imo, and the bumper is actually very good at what it is designed to do because of the angles. I'm glad I got mine, and I was also doubting on the looks

·
Registered
156 Posts

How are these flares attached? Do you have to drill new holes? I am not sure about the added width and if I will always keep them on.

Yes you do have to drill holes in the stock fenders and closely follow the instructions that come with them as there is a specified order that you'll want to follow.

·
Premium Member
9,277 Posts
These work great.
I've made and installed these in all of my Yamaha's. Mostly so water and mud doesn't spray my legs and a$$
4" conveyor belting and some SS bolts, washers and nuts.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood Motor vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Light

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
This is exactly where the rocks and such come up. The 27x10 zillas don’t help. The Yamaha flares help but not as much as these would.
These work great.
I've made and installed these in all of my Yamaha's. Mostly so water and mud doesn't spray my legs and a$$
View attachment 102749 View attachment 102750

·
Registered
2022 Grizzly 700 SE
65 Posts
Would that mean that I don't need these 400$+ tax flares and only this piece of rubber down there is needed to keep the mud at bay?

These work great.
View attachment 102749 View attachment 102750

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
the flares help, I ordered from partzilla and saved a lot of money. These pieces of rubber help keep the rear fender/floorboard area front rocks/mud etc hitting them.
Would that mean that I don't need these 400$+ tax flares and only this piece of rubber down there is needed to keep the mud at bay?

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
My dealer did say the only thing I might not like are the Zillas for ride and kicking up rocks. He suspects the other one he sold got it's radiator taken out by flung rocks from the tires. So far I have been fine with them even on hard surfaces. Perhaps I am used to the ride on my other rigs.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts